Compare sharePoint web site login ID with a column value in sql table using sql query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ALL,

I want to get the login ID of a sharepoint web site and compare the login id with a column value in the table using sql query without using any coding language. My scenario is to develop a BDC list in MOSS 2007 and deploy in a MOSS 2007 site. In the BDC list it has to retrive the tickets data from the sql based on the user login column in the table. Could any one solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Kishore

Kishore

Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Kishore,

You may try to use Current User Filter Web Part.  The current user filter, which ships as a standard SharePoint web part, recognizes the user who requested the web page, and passes that user's name to one or more web parts on the same web page. Please take a look at this video SharePoint 2007: Filter Data with the Current User Filter

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts

• Marked as answer by Kishorekv Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:03 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Kishore,

You may try to use Current User Filter Web Part.  The current user filter, which ships as a standard SharePoint web part, recognizes the user who requested the web page, and passes that user's name to one or more web parts on the same web page. Please take a look at this video SharePoint 2007: Filter Data with the Current User Filter

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts

• Marked as answer by Kishorekv Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:03 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:40 AM
  • Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your solution. It is working fine. But i want to know is there any other way is to know the current user of the web site without using current user filter webpart. By using SQL Server, to filter the data by using current user.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kishore

Kishore

Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Hi Kishore,

I suppose that other way is programming approach.

Dmitry

Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:27 AM