none
Can't submit request to certificate authority in internet explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have enterprise Certificate authority working at Windows Server 2008r2. All today available updates from Microsoft are installed on the server. 

Through the web interface in the browser IE11 is impossible to request user certificate - when you press "submit" button for certificate request, nothing happens.

At another PC with IE9 all works fine - i can submit request and recive certificate from CA

I installed all available updates for Windows and IE11, but its not resolve problem. I tryed to add CA to Trusted Sites, to set IE11 security settings to minimal level - it not helps 

I found article which describes this problem https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2988411 , but I have all necessary updates are installed on IE11, including those referred to in article.

How to solve this problem? Use console to request the certificate does not offer, i must be able to request it via the web interface

• Edited by SuperGrom Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:04 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:03 AM

Answers

• I try to add my CA web-site to compatibility view list in IE11 and it help - i can submit request and recive certs. But with default settings (i try it at many PCs) IE11 does not work at this situation.

I test another browsers.

Wors fine: IE9, Firefox (last version)

Not works: IE11 (works only if i add site to compatibility view list), Chrome (last version) 

Monday, April 4, 2016 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi SuperGrom,

Did this only related to IE 11?

If it works fine with previously version of IE, we could add this site to compatibility view to have a test.

Also, try to reset IE setting to have a test.

If the issue persists, based on your situation, it is suggested to contact to our security forum for suitable solution

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=winserversecurity

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 1, 2016 4:01 PM
  • I try to add my CA web-site to compatibility view list in IE11 and it help - i can submit request and recive certs. But with default settings (i try it at many PCs) IE11 does not work at this situation.

I test another browsers.

Wors fine: IE9, Firefox (last version)

Not works: IE11 (works only if i add site to compatibility view list), Chrome (last version) 

Monday, April 4, 2016 5:46 AM
  • Hi SuperGrom,

Adding the CA web-site to compatibility view did work for you, right?

Since it works only if we add CA web-site to compatibility view list, the CA web-site might have been designed for an earlier version of Internet Explorer(IE9) not for IE11.

After added in compatibility view list, the CA web-site will be displayed in a previous version of Internet Explorer (IE9), which will fix this issue.

Based on your situation, since it works with compatibility view, we could use it as a workaround.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:14 AM