none
IBM TS3200 MTN : 3573-L4U Problem with Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• when i installed this Tape Library connected with the server FC windows can not find the Medium changer also i have updated tape windows driver, windows already see the medium changer and no removable storage has seen in disk management but TSM, Exec Backup 2010 can see the tape and work stability.

what i can for windows to see the tape?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

I'm not an expert regarding FC but as far as I know depending on the system it's very important to configre the zoning (I think it's the right term in English) so that the LUN attached to the tape drive and or library is exposed to the DPM server. Is this the case?

BR

Robert Hedblom

DPM MVP

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Friday, January 7, 2011 11:08 AM
  • Hi Miegha,

I am also having an issue with this device on R2.  Except in my case windows sees all the devices, (changers and drives) but when i try to update to the IBM driver it cannot initialise the hardware.  Can you tell mw what drivers you are using?

Regards,

Max

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:39 AM
  • Hi Miegha,

I am also having an issue with this device on R2.  Except in my case windows sees all the devices, (changers and drives) but when i try to update to the IBM driver it cannot initialise the hardware.  Can you tell mw what drivers you are using?

Regards,

Max

I'm also having the same problem - anyone fix it?
    Friday, January 21, 2011 1:35 AM
  • Hi,

According to the windows server catalog, that device is certified for Windows 2008 R2 X64.

http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/item.aspx?idItem=9f440aea-5fc7-d413-c1f8-157897089839&bCatID=1282

Please check the firmware as per their submission details:

Submission Details

Firmware version IBM_3573_8_50.fbi
    Storage Bus Type Fibre Channel, SAS, SCSI
    Changer Drive Type Tape

Please contact IBM for details on what drivers you need to use to work properly if the firmware is correct on your library.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:09 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution to this?  I just came across this same issue today.  Device Manager sees both the library and drives but the IBM drivers won't allow it to initialize
    Friday, April 15, 2011 7:38 PM
  • I downloaded the ibm drivers and ran install_nonexclusive.exe from the package. This installs a bunch of stuff that the drivers needs to initialize.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Is it possible to be more specific about which drivers you downloaded for the Changer and Tape Drive. I tried to install a set the I found on IBM's site and neither on would work. I could not find one that was for an Intel 64BIT system. one was for AMD and the other for IA.

It was working fine on Windows 2008 64BIT, but will not initialize on Windows 2008 R2 64BIT. Same server just performed an upgrade.

Any assistance would help.

NLaurino

Nick Laurino
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Hi guys, i work for an IBM company, i install and manage backups software from many vendors.... NetBackup, Arcserve, Veeam, and of course TSM from IBM.

I installed many TS3xxx libraries and it's true is not easy to make them to work with just a few clicks. For starters.... IBM site where you can get the drivers is getting more and more complicated.

But even when you get the right driver package it will take some installs, uninstalls and a lot of pulled hairs until it will work.

A few tips:

• Install de driver from the command line by navigating to the folder where you extracted the files, dot not double click the installation package.
    • Use Install_exclusive.exe with TSM Server Software (it needs exclusive access to the drives) and Install_nonexclusive.exe with the most of other software.
    • After installing each one of the option (exclusive or non exclusive) restart the server and then test to see if it's working\detected as expected.
    • If it's not working (try with nonexclusive if you used exclusive or vice versa), from the command line, use uninstall.exe to remove the installed software, boot the server and start again.

I'm sure these tips will help.

If you need any more help, feel free to drop me a line.

Regards.

Francisco Batista

@vportugalworld

Checkout my blog: http://vportugalworld.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:22 PM