unable to open any the attachments in appointment in outlook 2013 windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm Senior IT in LGE in Viet Nam. We are using Outlook 2013 and windows 7 for all members. We are using an Exchange email for alls
    There are some our members are unable and open the attachment in Outlook 2013 calendar appointment.
    When i make an appointment and add the attachments then send them. They open that email but only see name of the file attached like text.

Do you have any idea and suggest for me? 

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>When i make an appointment and add the attachments then send them. They open that email but only see name of the file attached like text.

Does this issue happen to one specific attachments? Like PDF or Word documents? Do you mean that you forward the appointment to others?

>> There are some our members are unable and open the attachment in Outlook 2013 calendar appointment.

Please have a check whether these problematic Outlook clients have same version. And this issue doesn’t occur to all users, right?

Besides, will the same issue happen if you send attachments via normal messages?

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

What's more, when we open attachments from the email message, Outlook places copies in the SecureTemp folder. In case this issue is related to the temporary folder, please try cleaning out the Temporary Outlook Files folder on these problematic computers to see if issue persists.

You could refer to this article for detailed steps to open Secure Temp folder.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, February 2, 2018 1:23 AM
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks you for your repose.

>>Does this issue happen to one specific attachments? Like PDF or Word documents? Do you mean that you forward the appointment to others?

-> Yes, that is happen to one specific attachments like pdf, word, excel and any document.

-> I make new appointment and fw old document it's same the issue.

>>Please have a check whether these problematic Outlook clients have same version. And this issue doesn’t occur to all users, right?

-> all the outlook clients is same version, but only a few user are getting issue, not at all.

>> will the same issue happen if you send attachments via normal messages?

-> No, It's only happen on the appointment. the name of all the attachment show is like text, so they can't open it.

I already tried open Outlook in safe mode but it's same the issue. It does not show the file to open.

Do you think that they already installed any application is conflicted with the outlook?

I tried removed some applications but it does not seem to work.

Please give me some advice.

Thanks in advance. 

Friday, January 26, 2018 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

>> Do you think that they already installed any application is conflicted with the outlook?

An effective way to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update is to perform a clean boot to start Windows. You could try the steps in the article and then check the result.

Currently, I haven’t found any related official articles. Please try creating a new profile on one problematic client and then check the result.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:00 AM