none
Get task description and approver name from SharePoint designer 2013 workflow..

Question

• Hi,

We have crated a workflow using SharePoint designer 2013. We are using Start a task process to send approval task. Once approver approves it we want to set Business Approver fields value to Last approver name. We also want to get task description value and set it to list fields.

Please suggest How to achieve this? Thanks.

Regards,

Amit Chhatbar

Monday, December 26, 2016 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Amit Chhatbar,

Per my knowledge, if you want to get approver and comments, you need to use Task ID to compare it with Task list GUID.

Actually, if you use “start a task process ” action, there is no variable for Task ID by default.

So I suggest you using “Assign a task” action in workflow.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Amit Chhatbar Wednesday, December 28, 2016 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Amit Chhatbar,

From your description, my understanding is that you want to set last approver name to a field and set task description to a field.

I suggest you using “assign a task” to every users and “set Field in current item” action in workflow.

The workflow as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by chandan805 Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:38 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer. We have to assign this task to a SharePoint group. And in this SharePoint group we have 9 users. This is the reason we are using "Start a Task Process" instead of "Assign a Task" workflow action. Do you know how can I get approver and comments if I am using "Start a Task Process" workflow action.

Regards,

Amit Chhatbar

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Hi Amit Chhatbar,

Per my knowledge, if you want to get approver and comments, you need to use Task ID to compare it with Task list GUID.

Actually, if you use “start a task process ” action, there is no variable for Task ID by default.

So I suggest you using “Assign a task” action in workflow.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

• Marked as answer by Amit Chhatbar Wednesday, December 28, 2016 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:37 AM
  • Thank you very much. I created SharePoint Group and added 9 users in this group.I assign a task to this group. As mentioned by you I was able to get task Description and Approver value.

Regards,

Amit Chhatbar

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 2:49 PM