none
Reporting services with R2 on DPM2012 - Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

A somewhat similar question has been asked before by others but none of the answers given has helped me.I am attempting a DPM 2012 installation, which is failing at the "deploying reports" stage.My analysis of logs seems to point me in the direction of an SSL error, which does not make sense since the configuration files say SSL is disabled (or at least, should be).

Here are the symptoms:

1.I am able to browse http://FQDN/Reports_MSDPM2012 folder from internet explorer

2.I am also able to browse http://FQDN/ReportServer_MSDPM2012 from internet explorer

3.The information given in the logs and relevant config files is shown below:

<<RSREPORTSERVER.CONFIG>>

<ConnectionType>Default</ConnectionType>
    <LogonUser></LogonUser>
    <LogonDomain></LogonDomain>
    <LogonCred></LogonCred>
    <InstanceId>MSRS10_50.MSDPM2012</InstanceId>
    <InstallationID>{d9b1c335-5842-4a81-9148-79184c38bf09}</InstallationID>
    <Add Key="SecureConnectionLevel" Value="0"/>
    <Add Key="CleanupCycleMinutes" Value="10"/>
    <Add Key="MaxActiveReqForOneUser" Value="20"/>
    <Add Key="DatabaseQueryTimeout" Value="120"/>
    <Add Key="RunningRequestsScavengerCycle" Value="60"/>
    <Add Key="RunningRequestsDbCycle" Value="60"/>
    <Add Key="RunningRequestsAge" Value="30"/>
    <Add Key="MaxScheduleWait" Value="5"/>
    <Add Key="DisplayErrorLink" Value="true"/>
    <Add Key="WebServiceUseFileShareStorage" Value="false"/>
    <!--  <Add Key="ProcessTimeout" Value="150" /> -->
    <!--  <Add Key="ProcessTimeoutGcExtension" Value="30" /> -->
    <!--  <Add Key="WatsonFlags" Value="0x0430" /> full dump-->
    <!--  <Add Key="WatsonFlags" Value="0x0428" /> minidump -->
    <!--  <Add Key="WatsonFlags" Value="0x0002" /> no dump-->
    <Add Key="WatsonFlags" Value="0x0428"/>
    <Add Key="WatsonDumpOnExceptions" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.The DPM log file still appears to be using SSL even though i used reporting services configuration to remove SSL bindings:

running.Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Exceptions.BackEndErrorException: exception ---> Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Exceptions.ReportDeploymentException: exception ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)

5:I do have an SCCM site on the default web site used by SMS clients but on different ports

I am stumped.Somebody please give some advice

Thank you

Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:51 AM

All replies