none
Change to basic Task Type Calculations? RRS feed

• Question

• In the 15 years I have used MS Project I believe the below has always been true

Fixed Units means that when Work is changed Duration also changes or
    when Duration is changed Work also changes
    When Units are changed on a Fixed Units task the Duration changes and Work does not change

Fixed Duration means that when Units are changed Work also changes or
    when Work is changed Units also changes
    When Duration is changed on a Fixed Duration  task the Work changes and Units do not change

Fixed Work means that when Units is changed Duration also changes or
    when Duration is changed Units  also changes
    When Work is changed on a Fixed Work task the Duration changes and Units do not change

****************************************************************************************

The equation has always been balanced. Now with MSP 2013 I am seeing  things like the following:

Task starts out as => Fixed Duration / 1 Unit / 5 days Duration / 40 hours work

I change the work to 80 hours but the Units and Duration do not recalculate (update). Task usage shows that I am burning 16 hours per day but the unit is still displayed as 1 (100%).

Is this a setting? Is this a bug? Is this a change? Have I lost my freak'n mind? As a PWA admin I do not work in Project Pro as much as I did years ago but this looks very wrong to me.

Friday, April 24, 2015 3:01 PM

Answers

All replies