Cloud Search Service Application breaks Outbound Hybrid? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I configured the hybrid cloud search service application to use a Remote SharePoint result source (outbound hybrid) and I think everything is set during the onboard script.

When I do a query now I get a strange error indicating that the datatype of DocId and WorkId are not correct - is there a correlation with the cloud search Service here? I tried it with both SP2013 and SP2016 Preview 2.

11.24.2015 16:25:14.08	NodeRunner.exe (0x1208)	0x0EA8	SharePoint Server Search	Query	aj57f	Medium	RemoteSharepoint duration (ms): Local = 1609 Remote = 269	61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3
    11.24.2015 16:25:14.08	NodeRunner.exe (0x1208)	0x0EA8	SharePoint Server Search	Query	ajhxd	Medium	RemoteSharepointProducerTable RelevantResults: Field DocId in a row is of type System.Int32, but in one of the previous rows it was of type System.Int64	61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3
    11.24.2015 16:25:14.08	NodeRunner.exe (0x1208)	0x0EA8	SharePoint Server Search	Query	ajhxd	Medium	RemoteSharepointProducerTable RelevantResults: Field WorkId in a row is of type System.Int32, but in one of the previous rows it was of type System.Int64	61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3
    11.24.2015 16:25:14.08	NodeRunner.exe (0x1208)	0x0EA8	SharePoint Server Search	Query	ajhxb	High	RemoteSharepointProducerMicrosoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.Types.SchemaException: Invalid value for long field     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.BuiltInFields.PrimitiveInt64Field.set_Value(Object value)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Utilities.ExpressionBaseCompatibleRec`1.PopulateCompatibleRec(DataRow row)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Utilities.ExpressionBaseCompatibleRec`1.PrepareExecution(DataRow row)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessReceivedRecords()     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessRecordCore(IRecord record)	61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3
    11.24.2015 16:25:14.08	NodeRunnerQuery1-bebd17f1-d8d2- (0x1208)	0x0EA8	Search	Common Processing	28	Information	Component and System=Query1-bebd17f1-d8d2-4555-9779-839af92e4ebb, Correlation ID=61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3, Tenant ID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Error code=, Flow Name=Microsoft.RemoteSharepointFlow, Operator Name=InputAdapter, Message=The processing of item fails with error 0¾Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.Types.SchemaException: Invalid value for long field     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.BuiltInFields.PrimitiveInt64Field.set_Value(Object value)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Utilities.ExpressionBaseCompatibleRec`1.PopulateCompatibleRec(DataRow row)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Utilities.ExpressionBaseCompatibleRec`1.PrepareExecution(DataRow row)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessReceivedRecords()     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessRecordCore(IRecord record)	61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3
    11.24.2015 16:25:14.08	NodeRunnerQuery1-bebd17f1-d8d2- (0x1208)	0x0EA8	Search	Query Processing	aizag	Unexpected	Microsoft.Ceres.InteractionEngine.Component.FlowHandleRegistry : Exceptions occurred when evaluating the flow.  Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.EvaluationException: Evaluation failed in operator RemoteReader of type RemoteSharepointReader ---> Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.RemoteSharepointException: 0¾Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.Types.SchemaException: Invalid value for long field     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.BuiltInFields.PrimitiveInt64Field.set_Value(Object value)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Utilities.ExpressionBaseCompatibleRec`1.PopulateCompatibleRec(DataRow row)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Utilities.ExpressionBaseCompatibleRec`1.PrepareExecution(DataRow row)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessReceivedRecords()     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessRecordCore(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.RemoteSharepoint.RemoteSharepointEvaluator.RemoteSharepointProducer.ProcessRecordCore(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Processing.Producers.ProducerRecordSetSink.Put(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Engine.ErrorHandling.HandleExceptionRecordSetSink.DoWithoutTryCatch(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Processing.Producers.ProducerRecordSetSink.PushToOutput()     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Processing.Producers.ProducerRecordSetSink.Put(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Engine.Aborting.AbortableRecordSetSink.Put(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Engine.ErrorHandling.HandleExceptionRecordSetSink.DoWithTryCatch(IRecord record)     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.Engine.ErrorHandling.HandleExceptionRecordSetSink.DoWithTryCatch(IRecord record)     at Microsoft.Ceres.InteractionEngine.Component.FlowHandleRegistry.SubmitData(FlowExecutionInfo handle, InputData inputData, Stopwatch timer, String correlationId, Guid tenantId, String query, String flowName, Int32 queryTimeoutMillis)     at Microsoft.Ceres.InteractionEngine.Component.FlowHandleRegistry.ExecuteFlow(String flowName, InputData input, Int32 queryTimeoutMillis)	61c4449d-4990-10c7-5cc0-3a66d5501db3

I uploaded the full ULS for the given correlation here: http://melcher.it/s/6m

Thanks again for any pointers!
    Max  

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• FYI for those who found this page via an external search engine like Bing, DuckDuckGo, or Google:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a67fe60c-b8b2-4c89-b29b-e449daa8108c/announcement-error-when-crawling-sharepoint-content-with-cloud-hybrid-search-service-application-in?forum=CloudSSA should be Neil's suggestion that Max was referring to. It is also currently (November 2015) a pinned announcement on the Cloud Hybrid Search Service Application Preview forum.

Monday, November 30, 2015 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Max,

I see you are getting the below error in logs RemoteSharepointProducerMicrosoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.Types.SchemaException: Invalid value for long field     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.BuiltInFields.PrimitiveInt64Field.set_Value(Object value)  . Can you confirm if you are in Oct CU for SharePoint 2013.

Regards, Manas Biswas MSFT- SharePoint Online Escalation Services

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Hi Manas,

Yes, I am on October Cu 2015, Build is 15.0.4763.1000. I experience the same issue on SP2016 Preview 2.

I tried Neil's suggestion - apparently that does not fix the issue.

Thanks!
    Max

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:41 PM
  • Well, that was too fast - it fixed my issue! Awesome - you guys made my day!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:47 PM
  • FYI for those who found this page via an external search engine like Bing, DuckDuckGo, or Google:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a67fe60c-b8b2-4c89-b29b-e449daa8108c/announcement-error-when-crawling-sharepoint-content-with-cloud-hybrid-search-service-application-in?forum=CloudSSA should be Neil's suggestion that Max was referring to. It is also currently (November 2015) a pinned announcement on the Cloud Hybrid Search Service Application Preview forum.

Monday, November 30, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Hi Max, we are also on Oct 2015 SP2013 Updates with that same version and getting the error you mention as well as an error when we test our result source referencing Microsoft.Ceres and SchemaException: Invalid value for long field. The article that Neil references looks to be affecting SP2016 Beta. Did this fix the issue in your 2013 farm on version 15.0.4763.1000?

Thanks for any info

Mike

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I removed the Managed Property MicroBlogId (or something close) from Search Schema, rebooted my server and it worked.

Cheers
    Max

• Proposed as answer by MAllen99 Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:58 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:40 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. We did this in our production environment just now and it worked great. The managed property was MicroBlogType in Search Schema.

I don't want to take up a lot of your time but how did you find that there was an issue with that property? I don't see it mentioned in the errors or my ULS logs. I also don't see it in your ULS log that you have attached above.

Thanks that was a big help.
    Mike
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:58 AM
  • Hey Mike,

Neil told me - glad it worked for you - I have no clue why this property has an impact.

Cheers and merry christmas!
    Max

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:38 PM
  • Thank you Max and Mike for the updates. You may want to check out this post for some updates that Neil and I posted. Copying over the details here for reference

This is a known issue that will be addressed in a future update for SharePoint . But here is a workaround. Note : This workaround is purely for testing purpose and should never be applied to a production environment as it may have additional scenarios that are broken . To work around this issue, you can delete the Managed Property, Microblog Type, from the search schema on SharePoint Server 2016 on-premises, restart the host controller service and run the IISreset command. This will fix the current issue you have and outbound Query federation search will also start working.

We explicitly want to call out on the unintended consequences with search behavior that we mentioned above. If the OOB Managed Property “Microblog Type is deleted, users will not be able to search for any feed items. Of course you can create a new property and use the same  settings as the out of box Microblog Type but the internal ID would not be the same as the out of box one and may have unforeseen consequences.

Regards, Manas Biswas MSFT- SharePoint Online Escalation Services

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:09 PM
  • Thanks for the details on this Manas. Do you know when the patch to fix this will be out? All I'm seeing is early 2016 in your link. Maybe early being January and the next patch cycle? :D

Unfortunately in our case our users were used to hybrid search we have had multiple inquiries about where the 365 results were. I guess we are in a 'pick your poison' scenario. No good choice really.

If worse comes to worst, once a patch has been released, if replacing the property doesn't completely work I would assume that deleting the search service and recreating it would bring everything back to an out of the box state.

Thanks again

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 6:26 PM
  • We had same issue with Search for one of the Site Collections in our 2013 SharePoint Farm. Feb 2016 Cumulative Update fixed the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114722

Deepthi Nune

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:09 PM