How to Enable Team Site under Publishing SIte RRS feed

• Question

• Dears, I have created web application and a site collection and I have chose Publishing Site using SharePoint 2013. I need now to create a sub-site of type team site. I have opened Site features and enabled: Team Collaboration Lists. But When clicking on new Site, I still cannot find Team Site. Please advise.

Khaled Moawad --- http://kholyos.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Khaled,

Because you have created a publishing site, by default SharePoint will not show the Team Site as available sub site.

To change this, you can use the "Page Layout and Site Template Settings" under your Site settings. It is under "Look and Feel".

Under Subsite Templates, Add the "Team Site (All)" entry and save.

Please let us know if this helped.

Nico Martens - MCTS, MCITP
    SharePoint 2010 Infrastructure Consultant / Trainer

• Marked as answer by Khaled Moawad Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi

If you are not able to see the team site under the Publishing site in the User inteface,You can use power Shell for creating a team site as a subsite

PowerShell Command to Create a New Sub Site:
    SPWeb is responsible for creating a sub site.
    New-SPWeb –url <full url of new site> -name <name of new sub site> -template <site template to use>
    Example:
    New-SPWeb –url http://enjoysharepoint/TestSubSite -name "Test Sub Site" -template STS#0

Thanks

Praveen

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hi Khaled,

Because you have created a publishing site, by default SharePoint will not show the Team Site as available sub site.

To change this, you can use the "Page Layout and Site Template Settings" under your Site settings. It is under "Look and Feel".

Under Subsite Templates, Add the "Team Site (All)" entry and save.

Please let us know if this helped.

Nico Martens - MCTS, MCITP
    SharePoint 2010 Infrastructure Consultant / Trainer

• Marked as answer by Khaled Moawad Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:49 AM
  • Hi Nico,

Can it be possible to create a publishing site as sub site under a team site collection in SharePoint 2013.

If yes, how can we do that?

Thanks.

Friday, February 12, 2016 2:41 AM