none
Microsoft-Windows-PrintServer/Admin and /Operational Logs are not generating new events

Question

• From some months ago, the following Printer Service logs are not generating any new event. The logs affected are:

• Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Operational
    • Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin
    • Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Debug (this one expecially is not working at all)

I have searched through the Registry and I found these two keys empty (no dll specified as EventMessageFile or ProviderGuid gived):

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Operational

the last events i could read from Admin and Operation event logs, reports the same kind of message:

The description for Event ID 307 from source Microsoft-Windows-PrintService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

What kind of problem could be? Is it possible some MS updates cause this problem? The last two updates before that happened are KB4074587 and KB4054998.

Thanks for the help you could give.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Right click"Operational" ,check the log if it is disabled.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:26 AM
  • Hi Frank,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I haven't that option on my Server's Event Viewer

I'm sorry to forgot to mention it is a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Problem Solved.
    Deleting the followin keys:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Operational

and updating the server, cause the keys to be re-created with a different name and position on the Event Viewer as PrintService Admin/Debug/Operation.

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 13, 2018 10:21 AM