Does UAG Activation for any change disconnect endpoint user sessions? RRS feed

• Question

• I was just curious as I'm never on the other side (end user) when making UAG configuration changes and of course nobody reports anything, if no matter what changes are being made, when I make my changes and perform the activation, do all endpoint clients lose connectivity?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Sacrificial_Lambchop,

normally it shouldn't. I do often remote manage my UAG box over a published RD-Session and i got never disconnected til now.

-Kai

This posting is provided "AS IS" whithout any warranties. Kai Wilke | ITaCS GmbH | GERMANY, Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Nope, you are safe to activate while users are connected. I have tested activating while connected to various UAG published web apps, while connected to VPN through a UAG portal, and while connected via DirectAccess and I have never had any interruption of service. I have also done changes and activations in production environments with users connected hundreds of times in dozens of different companies and have never had a single user complain of a disconnect.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Sacrificial_Lambchop,

normally it shouldn't. I do often remote manage my UAG box over a published RD-Session and i got never disconnected til now.

-Kai

This posting is provided "AS IS" whithout any warranties. Kai Wilke | ITaCS GmbH | GERMANY, Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Nope, you are safe to activate while users are connected. I have tested activating while connected to various UAG published web apps, while connected to VPN through a UAG portal, and while connected via DirectAccess and I have never had any interruption of service. I have also done changes and activations in production environments with users connected hundreds of times in dozens of different companies and have never had a single user complain of a disconnect.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:24 PM
  • I thought activation affected Network Connector (SSL Network Tunnelling) connections (if you are using them), but I could be wrong...
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:32 PM