Spam rejection issue Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a client running Exchange 2003 on a 2003 Small Business Server. Normally there aren't any particular problems, however as of late one user has encountered a problem. As part of her new assignment she needs to send a rather large amount of mails with attached .pdf-files to the same recipient. This works fine initially, but after she sent a few she starts getting an NDR with the following:

info@[recipientserver.com] at 2013-01-30 16:39
    You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
    <sbs01.[sender].local #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, spam rejection>

At this point she can't send anymore mails, unless she zips the files which seems to cause the messages to go through just fine. Having to zip the files is less than ideal though since the whole thing is automated with the software that they are using.

Is the problem even on our side? The NDR seems to indicate that her user somehow doesn't have permissions to send too many similar emails to the same recipient, however I am unable to find any options to change this in the Exchange System Manager. Also the problem is not limited to one specific recipient, she's gone through the same procedure and encountered the same problem with several users on different domains.

Friday, February 8, 2013 7:54 AM

All replies

• It's probably due to the large numbers of email being sent with that attachement, for which the user is having issues as the email is being marked as spam. You can ask the recipient side to add to their whitelist.

Sukh

Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:39 PM
  • There are multiple recipients with new ones being added on a regular basis, but unfortunately that is the only solution I could figure out as well, or alternatively just bypass the automated sequence and zip each file manually before sending. 

I suppose it wouldn't really make sense security-wise if there was a surefire way for a sender to convince the recipient/s that it's not spam.

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if you have configured attachment filter on Edge server.

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:15 PM