none
unidentified user in steady state RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hi,

I downloaded steady state about 5 days back. Today I saw a new user in steady state "userver". This user has a password, and I cannot access it. None of the other users on the laptopn have created this on steady state.

How can I remove this user, as I don't have the password. I tried logging in as the administrator to remove the "userver" user, but this didn't help. I don't know if this is the work of a hacker or some thing similar.

Please advice.

Shankar

Friday, January 4, 2008 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Shankar,

Is this account available under Control Panel\User Accounts? If so, we can try to delete it from there.

Some other methods to delete an account:

Method 1:

-------------

1. Click Start and then Run. Type in “control userpasswords2” without quotations and press Enter.

2. Select the user account and click Remove.

Method 2:

-------------

1. Click Start and then Run. Type in CMD and Press Enter.

2. Type in “net user <account name> /delete” without quotations to delete the user account.

Method 3:

-------------

1. Right click “My Computer”, choose Manage.

2. Click Local Users and Groups\Users. Right click the account and choose Delete.

Hope the above information helps.

Best Regards,

Monday, January 7, 2008 3:35 AM
  • Hello Shawn,
    I realised that the account "userver" was created by a server we installed on the machine. We had installed uniface on the machine, and it created the user as part of its functioning.

Thanks again,
    Shankar
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:00 AM
  • Hi Shankar,

Thank you for your update and sharing! If you encounter any other issues in the future when using SteadyState, feel free to post back, and I will be glad to help.

Best Regards,

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:16 AM