none
Encountered an error while parsing

Question

• Dear all,

I am not sure what Windows Server is updated (I choose automatically update) after few day and I go to check server again with GPO, suddenly it has display this pop up! Screenshot

I try to Google but it no best my problem.

Any idea solution please.

Thanks,

Asking for better knowledge in future.

Friday, September 2, 2016 2:26 PM

Answers

• The error is complaining about C:\Windows\PolicyDefintions\inetres.admx, which is an Administrative Template file for Internet Explorer.  You can download a replacement file for it from Microsoft here:  Administrative Templates for Internet Explorer.  You also have to replace the it's language file as well at the same time (intres.adml) which is part of the download package.

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Monday, September 5, 2016 1:08 AM
  • Hi,
    Regarding this error, it could be caused by IE security update, you could have a try to uninstall it and see if the error disappears.
    If the problem is not fixed by then, as Todd suggested, please download administrative templates to replace the old one:
    (1) Download administrative templates for internet explorer'
    (2) Extract, copy and paste en-us\inetres.adml file to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-us to overwrite. For example, if you are using Japanese  IE, copy and paste ja-jp\inetres.adml file to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ja-jp
    (3) you may also overwrite C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\inetres.admx file if it is still unsolved.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 5, 2016 7:43 AM

All replies

• The error is complaining about C:\Windows\PolicyDefintions\inetres.admx, which is an Administrative Template file for Internet Explorer.  You can download a replacement file for it from Microsoft here:  Administrative Templates for Internet Explorer.  You also have to replace the it's language file as well at the same time (intres.adml) which is part of the download package.

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Monday, September 5, 2016 1:08 AM
  • Hi,
    Regarding this error, it could be caused by IE security update, you could have a try to uninstall it and see if the error disappears.
    If the problem is not fixed by then, as Todd suggested, please download administrative templates to replace the old one:
    (1) Download administrative templates for internet explorer'
    (2) Extract, copy and paste en-us\inetres.adml file to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-us to overwrite. For example, if you are using Japanese  IE, copy and paste ja-jp\inetres.adml file to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ja-jp
    (3) you may also overwrite C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\inetres.admx file if it is still unsolved.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 5, 2016 7:43 AM