SMS_HIERACHY_MANAGER - Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 15401, severity 16 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The SMS_HIERACHY_MANAGER is reporting (and has been for sometime) the below error:

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 15401, severity 16: [42000][15401][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Windows NT user or group '%DOMAIN\%USERNAME%' not found. Check the name again.

Please refer to your Configuration Manager documentation, SQL Server documentation, or the Microsoft Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting information.

The account DOES on the domain and has permissions in SQL.

Has anyone seen this before and managed to resolve?

Thanks

Craig

MCTS | MCITP | MCSA

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:43 PM

All replies

• Are you dealing with multiple domains or is there just a single one?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

1 domain

Thanks

MCTS | MCITP | MCSA

Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Hi

My secondary sites report back the same message. I used a local account on the primary to do the SQL and SCCM install. I've not been able to resolve this issue. Sites are working 100% though...

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 15401, severity 16: [42000][15401][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Windows NT user or group 'CPTWSCCM02\adm_sccm' not found. Check the name again.

Andrew

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:20 PM
  • check the kb http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324321

the error can be related to the user being used for the reporting services point role. to confirm, you should check the hman.log file

if in the console this user is listed with its FQDN and you try to use the sql code from the hman.log there will be no return.

check if this same account is only listed in the sql tables with its short name instead of the full fqdn name

change the account name temporarily to another one, then add the first one back making sure only to use the short name this time

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:11 AM