none
Ie11 suggested sites RRS feed

• Question

• Another day, another pointless and waste of my life ie11 problem.

What is it today?  enterprise mode? Activex? nope, suggested sites.

Tell me why every user has 100s of suggested site links adding to their favourites bar? Also why are all of them empty. Just 100s of empty favourites called suggested sites.

How does this software get released.

This is the same in windows 10 as well, so don't come with that non sense about it being a windows 7 problem.

At least in windows 10 ie11 doesn't need 10 broken prerequsties and another 10 cumulative updates before it works correctly.

Monday, June 13, 2016 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

that doesn't happen on any of my machines on my networks....

the first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in noAddons mode.

Start>Run>iexplore.exe -extoff [url]

at a pinch you could use procmon.exe (sysinternals) to look for .url files that are created in the favorites/links folder and from there find the process that is creating the files.

Search suggestions from search providers can be disabled from the Tools>Manage addons>Search Providers.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:01 AM