none
Recent MS Updates in August 2017 causing backup failures RRS feed

• Question

• HI Guys,

I am having problems with all of my servers following the August updates. my question IS ANYONE ELSE having these problems after installing August 2017 patches? but my searches don't show anyone else having the issues which are as follow:

Using a mix of Server 2012 and Server 2012R2 systems that get updated via WSUS.

On August 15th after updates were approved some of my backups started failing on all servers.

Backups of C: drives fail but backups of Bare Metal Recovery work as do System State backups. This applies to all of my servers.

On my Exchange server the mailbox backups do not run and the log backups do not run.

The mailbox and logs show as inconsistent. If I check consistency it will say OK for the first one I select (say Logs). If I then go onto the Mailbox backup and check consistency it fails.

Checking the status of the writers in VSSADMIN on the email server ( Exchange 2013 UR13) I can see that the Exchange writer is in a stable state but with last error being retryable error.

If I reboot the system it clears the error then I can try to check consistency for the Mailbox - it returns OK but if I repeat on logs it fails with the same error.

If I try an run a backup after checking consistency it fails.

I am seeing event id 2034 failed with error FFFFFFFC when processing the backup completion event on the Exchange server.

I researched and found some quite old googles that said it was caused by a bad KB release. Hence my question IS ANYONE ELSE having these problems after installing August 2017 patches?

prd

Sunday, August 27, 2017 6:49 PM