none
DPM 2012 with SP1 trial registration error during setup RRS feed

• Question

• DPM 2012 with SP1 trial registration error during setup

Hi.  I have a client in which I deployed DPM 2012 SP1 some time ago as a trial so that I could sell the solution as I usually do.  I chose that method as I read that I can convert the trial version to a full DPM if I just reinstall it with the appropriate media and key.  As I could investigate on the web, the only requirement to be able to do it is that I must remember the password of the local user (created by DPM on the first setup).  I wrote it down and I am sure the password is working OK as I can login properly on the DPM database using that username and password.

Now that finally my client decided to buy System Center, when I run the DPM setup, I get an error that says:

"The file 'F_WatsonIntegrator.dll.12E01A3C_BC2A_9ADB_3C73_43B92F1E110E' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_DpmV2RTM'.  This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Also check:
    It looks like the setup completes the first part and it upgraded the SQL Server that I am using, but the DPM is not updated.
    Because of this, DPM is not able to upgrade to the licensed version.  I re-downloaded the ISO file of the product on another PC, mounted it on the DPM server, but the problem arises again.
    The product does not get licensed:
    I am using System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 with SP1:
    Please check the log file with more information:

What else may I try?  I don't want to rebuild all DPM configuration, as it has been modified and the client is happy with the actual configs.

Please help!

Regards,

Jose Angel Rivera

IT Consultant

Jose Angel Rivera

Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The only workaround is to backup the DPM 2012 Sp1 EVAL DPMDB, un-install DPM 2012 Sp1 EVAL and retain replica, Re-install DPM 2012 Sp1 RTM fresh, then restore DPM 2012 EVAL database. That will retain your settings and recovery points.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:09 AM