Windows Defender ATP _ [Error Id: 15, Error Level: 0] RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

I tried to follow the installation procedure for WD ATP but while executing onboardingscript its gave me an error as " [Error Id: 15, Error Level: 0] Unable to start Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service. Error message: The service name is invalid. "

Please suggest. Thanks.  

Sunday, October 23, 2016 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi G_K_S,

We would like to follow up with you on the specifics of your installation and collect some installation logs from your machine. Please reply to the Welcome email we've sent you and provide us with your assigned domain (tenant id) and a few more details on the environment you are onboarding (OS build, type of device etc.).

thanks,

WDATP team

Monday, October 24, 2016 7:12 AM
  • I am having this same issue at the moment is there a fix yet?
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

Based on the error description above it could be that you are attempting to deploy Windows Defender ATP on non-supported SKU/Platform, particularly Holographic SKU.

Currently is supported platforms: Enterprise, Education, and Professional.
    Server is not supported.

Thanks,

WDATP team

Monday, January 16, 2017 10:55 AM
  • hello, i'm a same problem:

[Error Id: 15, Error Level: 2] Unable to start Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service. Error message: Le nom de service n'est pas valide.

my os is windows 10 Entreprise can you help me to find a solution....thank you

Friday, May 26, 2017 7:45 AM
  • Hello charlesadam, 

Sorry to hear you are encountering this problem.

We would like to get more information about your specific trial tenant and the exact process you are performing. So we would like to ask that from the WDATP portal, go to the menu at the top right corner of the screen and click the icon that looks like a speech bubble, one right from the search icon.

Please provide a detailed description and we will follow up from there with you via email.

WDATP Team

Friday, May 26, 2017 5:59 PM
  • I have the same proplem Windows 10 pro
    Saturday, July 1, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Just tried the latest version of WDATP on brand new Windows Creator Update machine and getting the same error:

[Error Id: 15, Error Level: 2] Unable to start Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service. Error message: The service name is invalid.

Nothing else in Event Viewer that shows what's causing this. Have you (or support) been able to figure it out?

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:38 PM