none
Computer policy update issue

Question

• Dear Expertz,

I am trying get update using WSUS server & SCCM 2012 R2 in a windows 10 1511 pc, all PCs in the domain are updated except One. It shows me the error while I check rsop.msc & regedit, 

The group Policy client side extension software was unable to apply......................

As I have WSUS server configured, my registry should show the WSUS intranet address, but it is not showing just because of this Policy issue

I restarted, Domain unjoin-rejoined the particular PC, but this did not work,,,,Anyone encountered same issue while doing WSUS windows update ??

• Edited by Dhanraj B Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:56 AM
    Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:54 AM

All replies

• Dear Expertz,

I am trying get update using WSUS server & SCCM 2012 R2 in a windows 10 1511 pc, all PCs in the domain are updated except One. It shows me the error while I check rsop.msc & regedit, 

The group Policy client side extension software was unable to apply......................

Not in particular. Check System event log in event viewer for any GroupPolicy related events.

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 30, 2016 7:02 PM
  • Hii, Mahdi Here is the event Viewer details for grouppolicy
    • Edited by Dhanraj B Monday, August 1, 2016 5:47 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 5:47 AM
  • Hi,
    Based on my research, there is no much information about warning6035 relating group policy. Could you find any error events in event viewer for Group Policy?

>>error: The group Policy client side extension software was unable to apply
    Please have a try to:
    1. Turn off UAC on the problematic client
    2. Enable Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy > Policy > Startup policy processing, Changed amount to wait (in seconds) to 30. By default it is configured to 30 seconds if we leave it un-configured, but please have a try just enabling the policy manually
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Well, Wendy,

I have  AD & SCCM server configured, if I edit the local policy to configure what you have said, will that take any affect on that problematic system or I have to set in AD???

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:03 AM
  • > The group Policy client side extension software was unable to
    > apply......................

This is not an error. This simply means you have a GPO that wants to
    install a MSI file, and you ran gpupdate manually. MSI installations
    cannot be done during gpupdate, but at startup/logon only...

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:25 AM
  • I am not getting WSUS server policy in client machine, & when I run Gpupdate /force I get the error the group policy client side extension .......
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:39 PM
  • Hi,
    I am glad that the problem is fixed and appreciate your great update and share in this forum, it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same problem. Thank you for efforts again.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:44 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Sorry to say but this problem is not resolved...either there is some issue in policy processing of the client machine or SCCM client is unable to set local policy in the client.

Still I am banging my head on it :(
    • Edited by Dhanraj B Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:04 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:04 AM
  • > I am not getting WSUS server policy in client machine, & when I run
    > Gpupdate /force I get the error the group policy client side extension
    > .......

On the client, open an elevated prompt, run "gpresult /h report.html"
    and open report.html. What does it tell about applied/denied GPOs?

Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:47 PM