none
ADFS 3.0 - Secondary not syncing. Event ID 102 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Very new to ADFS and need some help.  We use ADFS 3.0 (2012 R2) in a two server farm.  ADFS seems to be working overall (at least via the primary server) as we can authenticate (SSO) to the cloud, but the secondary server is not syncing.  I have event ID 102 on the secondary server.

Get-AdfsSyncProperties on the secondary server shows:

LastSyncFromPrimaryComputerName : sts.contoso.com
    LastSyncStatus                  : 0
    LastSyncTime                    : 8/20/2015 12:36:50 AM
    PollDuration                    : 300
    PrimaryComputerName             : sts.contoso.com
    PrimaryComputerPort             : 80
    Role                            : SecondaryComputer

On the primary computer, it only shows:

Role
    ----
    PrimaryComputer

So far, I have reboot both servers.  Again, ADFS overall seems to be working via ADFS1 -- we can authenticate (SSO) to the cloud.

The problem is that ADFS2 (secondary) is not syncing.  In CertMgr, I can see my certificate is good (exp:  2018) on both servers.  I cannot run most powershell commands on ADFS2 though, as they error out saying cannot be executed from a secondary server, so I am not sure how to resync or otherwise troubleshoot this.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi James , 

Could you also make sure that the port 443  and 80 is opened between the servers which us necessary for the replication also sure that you have performed a reboot as well.   Could'nt find much troubleshooting with the replication part and hence i think our last option would be to reinstall  ADFS on Server2

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

• Marked as answer by James Net Monday, October 3, 2016 1:56 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi James , 

Could you also make sure that the port 443  and 80 is opened between the servers which us necessary for the replication also sure that you have performed a reboot as well.   Could'nt find much troubleshooting with the replication part and hence i think our last option would be to reinstall  ADFS on Server2

• Marked as answer by James Net Monday, October 3, 2016 1:56 PM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:27 AM
  • Thanks.  I will just rebuild the secondary.  Looks like that is much easier than trying to troubleshoot the syncing issue.
    Monday, October 3, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Yes James. Thanks for update .

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:21 AM