ISO to CD does not have POSReady Companion Setup Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the ISO and burned it to a CD and a DVD. Since I am installing on a POS Terminal with no Floppy and need to add the SATA drivers it seemed easiest to try and put the image on a USB so I can add the drivers.

Following all the posts on inserting the CD/DVD and using the  POSReady Companion Setup to setup to a USB does not work since the  POSReady Companion Setup  never opens. I am also unable to find it anywhere on the CD/DVD.

How can I launch  POSReady Companion Setup ? so that I can copy/install the setup to a USB?

Thanks

Eric

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:46 PM

Answers

• The companion setup is the autorun.exe in the root of the DVD image. If your system is configured to not automatically play the DVD contents you will need to launch it manually. The cd iso does not include this autorun.exe, it is only on the dvd.

Terry Warwick, Microsoft

Posted using my Windows Phone 7

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Changing the Sata setting to IDE allowed me to install.
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:33 PM
  • The POSReady 2009 download CD is the OS only and does not contain the companion tools which are only available on the DVD.  The evaluation DVD can be ordered from http://windowsembedded.com.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:06 PM

All replies

• The companion setup is the autorun.exe in the root of the DVD image. If your system is configured to not automatically play the DVD contents you will need to launch it manually. The cd iso does not include this autorun.exe, it is only on the dvd.

Terry Warwick, Microsoft

Posted using my Windows Phone 7

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Is there a way to download the companion setup. No matter how I do my install I am unable to get the POSReady2009 to see my SATA drives. I have tried the F6 method with a floppy and also loading them when I get to that portion of the install.
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Changing the Sata setting to IDE allowed me to install.
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:33 PM
  • i have same problem... is there any way to download the companion setup...
    Monday, May 7, 2012 2:07 AM
  • The current POSReady iso download does not include the companion tools.  Where can i get them?
    Friday, June 29, 2012 9:32 AM
  • The POSReady 2009 download CD is the OS only and does not contain the companion tools which are only available on the DVD.  The evaluation DVD can be ordered from http://windowsembedded.com.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:06 PM