Exchange account shows message recursively RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Colleagues,

We've an Exchange account configured on a Microsoft Exchange 2007 server. When password's expiration message
    shows up notifying that user must renew it, Outlook starts showing recursively a new popup demanding to
    introduce the current password (single sign-on option doesn't work at all)

It's the only account showing this behaviour and I don't know how to continue our troubleshooting: we
    appreciate your help and support.

Best regards,

Aitor Juez
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:59 AM

All replies

• If I remember correctly, users have to restart Outlook if they change their AD password. Do you still see this after users restart Outlook?

Best regards,

heppp

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:40 AM
  •  When password's expiration message shows up notifying that user must renew it, Outlook starts showing recursively a new popup demanding to introduce the current password (single sign-on option doesn't work at all)

Hi,

I got a little confused about the above sentence,could you please elaborate on it?

Additionally,I recommend you post the screenshot of the new popup demanding.

Thanks.

Regards, Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:50 AM
  • Hi heppp,

We don't have introduced any change in our AD server. When password is about to expire our Outlook 2007 Edition shows "User must change/renew password" notification. After that a Windows popup demands user to introduce its current credentials (user+password) but it's unusual because nobody has changed it yet.

The last notification shows up inmediately, in 2 hours etc it has a random behaviour.

Thank you for answering so fast.

Kind regards.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:04 AM
  • Here're we have the two different popups we've been talking about. First one is the message announcing that our password is going to expire.

We press NO button (because we prefer to change it afterwards) and then the following login popup shows up.

We submit our username and credentials and it still appears. Then everything seems to work fine but in a random time (minutes or hours) appears again. This situation remains the same until we change/renew password's account.

If we need more detailed data don't hesitate in require it. Thank you everyone!

PD: I've tried to upload images but TechNet requires to validate my Hotmail account :( sorry!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

When the login popup shows up, if the user didn't input anything and cancle it directly,what happened next?

Regards, Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:39 AM