Cannot access Snap Server Share (Snap OS) with Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• We have an older snap server on our network. It uses Snap OS, which appears not to be supported anymore. All of our XP machines can access it, for Windows 7 we use a small technical but this technical doesn't work on Windows 8. When I try to access the share, I get prompted for my credentials, which I enter. I'm using my domain account, which has full access to the share. The credentials are not accepted.

I can acces the snap server through the browser to administer it. I just can't get to the share through Windows Explorer. Any ideas?

Julien

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Cuisme,

As far as I know, Windows 7 uses the SMB2 by default to access the share while Windows 8.1 uses SMB3.0 to access the share by default. We could refer to the following link to disable the SMB2.0 and SMB 3.0 to force SMB 1.0 to have a check.

How to enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547

Considering this issue is related to the specific snap server and we are not familiar with it, it is recommended to ask for help from the snap server support for help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:16 AM