Silverlight webpart change category/section gradient RRS feed

• Question

• To all,

Is it possible to change the category/section gradient with the ServiceCatalogWebpart?

Within this example I would like to change the gradient/image behind Access and Security. Within the webpart I can change the colors and the font size. Within the settings.xml it is not possible to change the images that are used. I have opened all images within the themes folders and it looks like the image is not stored on the file system. I have also opened the various XAP files but cannot find the gradient. Looks like it is stored within a DLL which cannot be opened/changed with VS2010.

Hope someone can help me out with this one. This is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Bart Timmermans

Bart Timmermans | Consultant at inovativ
    Follow me @ My Blog | Linkedin | Twitter

Please mark as Answer, if my post answers your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

Friday, May 4, 2012 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hello Bart,

Just figured out that you can customize it via the Settings.xml file. Just add the following key with your desired RGBA value :) 

<Setting Key="ExpanderHeaderBgBrush" Value="#FF1F8842" />

So it is also possible with those other brushes I found!

- Dennis

Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Bart,

I found some .xaml files with brushes in the Portal.BasicResources DLL. So ik looks like they are using a brush object instead of an image for the gradients in the category headers.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189003(v=vs.95).aspx

- Dennis

Saturday, May 5, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

Thank your for your reply. I allready opened a couple of them, but didn't know what brushes are. So thanks for clearing that up. I have opened all DLL files from the SilverLight Webpart and searched for a couple of color codes. Hoped that there where brushes that uses one of these codes as a start or end point. But couldn't find any of them within the XAML.

I am currently searching all SCSM and SharePoint related files automatically for the color codes. Other possibility is that Silverlight uses 8 digits for colorcodes. First 2 are for opacity and the last 6 are for the colorcode.

Kind regards,

Bart Timmermans

Please mark as Answer, if my post answers your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Hello Bart,

I think you are right about the color codes. I also saw 8 digits (rgba notation) in the LineGradientBrush objects. That's probably a Silverlight thing.

Now I'm also curious if it is possible to customize this part of the Self Service Portal :)

- Dennis

Sunday, May 6, 2012 8:17 AM
  • Hello Bart,

Just figured out that you can customize it via the Settings.xml file. Just add the following key with your desired RGBA value :) 

<Setting Key="ExpanderHeaderBgBrush" Value="#FF1F8842" />

So it is also possible with those other brushes I found!

- Dennis

Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Thanks Dennis. That fixed the problem for me. For all others don't forget to clear your IE cache.

Sunday, May 6, 2012 8:54 PM