none
PS2010 Approval Manager does not change upon chaning the Status manager and publishing the project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I know how the Status Manager (=Approval Manager) functionality is supposed to work in PS2010, however in my case it doesn't work correctly.

Steps (I am an EPM administrator)

1. Open a Project schedule in MS Project Profesional 2010

2. Add column Status Manager

3. Set myself as the Status Manager for an existing task. I Also added myself as a project team member to this project.

4. Publish the project, wait until the publish is completely finished (I checked the queue)

5. Open my timesheet.

6. Add myself to a Task in the project, for which I am the Status Manager

7. When I click on the Task details I still see the original Status Manager for this task as Approval Manager and not my name!

Further information, this is a EPM environment that I migrated from 2003 to 2010, using 2007VME.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Marcel Visscher QS solutions

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hello all,

I found that the following steps will work correctly.

Steps (I am an EPM administrator)

1. Open a Project schedule in MS Project Profesional 2010

2. Add column Status Manager

3. Set myself as the Status Manager for an existing task. I Also added myself as a project team member to this project.

EXTRA: assign myself to that task in the project schedule!

4. Publish the project, wait until the publish is completely finished (I checked the queue)

5. Open my timesheet.

7. When I click on that Task details I see my name as the Status Manager, this is correct.

Sounds like a bug to me.....

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Marcel Visscher QS solutions

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:41 AM