none
management console (administrator) Error Cannot Complete request. RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2019, Suddenly, the management console (administrator) appears when you log on the message "Error Cannot Complete request. Try again in a few minutes" I'm logged in but I can't see any option - no option to set up Exchange., Everything was hard, I didn't miss anything I opened the console for a month and now nothing can be done- You have ideas or experience????
    Monday, January 6, 2020 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you when you log into EAC, you will get the error alert and cannot see any management options?

Is the Exchange 2019 is a newly installed server? When does this start to occur?

Does OWA work well?

Here are some suggestions for you:

1. If you have any other Exchange servers in the environment, please let us know the detailed versions. You can check if EAC works well on other Exchange servers.

2. Please try to use Edge, IE and other browsers to verify if this issue relates to the browser itself.

3. Try to open the EMS, and check if EMS works normally. 

4. Recycle MSExchangeECPAppPool in Application Pools from IIS Manager. Application Pools > MSExchangeECPAppPool > Recycle.

5. Check Exchange services, make sure all needed Exchange services are running well.

Additionally, what url did you use to log into EAC? You can use https://localhost/ecp on the Exchange server.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:53 AM
  • Hi Thank you

Is the Exchange 2019 is a newly installed server? When does this start to occur?

Yes, the new WS2019 system and Exchange 2019 set up on it, I did not do any migration, everything worked for several months colorfully

Does OWA work well?

OWA is Ok, I read and sent an e-mail through OWA

If you have any other Exchange servers in the environment, please let us know the detailed versions. You can check if EAC works well on other Exchange servers.

No. it's only one Exchange

Please try to use Edge, IE and other browsers to verify if this issue relates to the browser itself.

Edge, Firefox, Chrome its the same problem

Try to open the EMS, and check if EMS works normally.

EmS opens without problems, sample

[PS] C:\WINDOWS\system32>Get-ExchangeServer | Format-List Name,Edition,AdminDisplayVersion

Name                : CELLO2
    Edition             : Standard
    AdminDisplayVersion : Version 15.2 (Build 397.3)

Recycle MSExchangeECPAppPool in Application Pools from IIS Manager. Application Pools > MSExchangeECPAppPool > Recycle.

Doesn't help - the problem continues

Check Exchange services, make sure all needed Exchange services are running well.

All services runing, no errors

Additionally, what url did you use to log into EAC? You can use https://localhost/ecp on the Exchange server.

Usinh this adress https://localhost/ecp :( 

Regards 

Janusz

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:12 PM
  • Does EAC work before? Did you make any configuration or modification before this issue occur?

Try to use the internal and external url to test again, and you can get the url from the following command:

Get-EcpVirtualDirectory|fl id,*url*

If available, please also try to use IE.

Try to run UpdateCas.ps1 and UpdateConfigFiles.ps1 from the exchange bin directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin. After that, use the following command to restart IIS:

iisreset /noforce

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:48 AM
  • :( EAC works correctly, I didn't change the configuration. I haven't used it for some time, after which it was updated and boom ... it doesn't work. I did the action but nothing changed

the record in logs

System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/1978267 
       System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/ecp/RulesEditor/InboxRules.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme https. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. If your service is being hosted in IIS you can fix the problem by setting 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' to true or specifying 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/baseAddressPrefixFilters'. Parameter name: item. ---> System.ArgumentException: This collection already contains an address with scheme https. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. If your service is being hosted in IIS you can fix the problem by setting 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' to true or specifying 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/baseAddressPrefixFilters'. Parameter name: item at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item) at System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item) at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor(Uri[] addresses) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.ControlPanel.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) 
       w3wp 

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 6:25 PM
  • Which update was installed?

Please go to IIS Manager to check the bindings of Default Web Site. Make sure no host name is set for the type http and https. Here is the default settings in my organization. Right click Default Web Site and choose Edit Bindings:

After removing host names, restart IIS and check EAC again. Here is a similar thread for your reference: Strange error in OWA

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Friday, January 10, 2020 1:25 AM
  • Any updates so far? If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:54 AM
  • Sorry for the silence - work. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. I installed the latest updates, got IIS ???

ere is like you, but in EAC :( error and empty

no

I have no idea, it appeared in the system log

A fatal error occurred while creating an TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10013.???

46/5000

• Edited by JanuszBi Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:45 PM
  • Please also check the site binding for the Exchange Back End, make sure no host name is set.

Are there any other event log can be seen in the Event View? You can post with more details, and don't forget to cover your personal information.

If you have other administrator account in your organization, please try with other accounts.

Try to use the following command to recreate ECP virtual directory:

Remove-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity "<server name\ecp VD name>" New-EcpVirtualDirectory -Server <server name> -ExternalURL <Uri> -InternalURL <Uri> iisreset /noforce

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Friday, January 17, 2020 9:49 AM