how to pass dashboard filters values ,columns,rows selected value in hyperlink to a SSRS report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am designing a dashboard for project management team in PerformancePoint Server 2007. One of the dashboard shows the current situation of releases planned in the selected project. Dashboard Filters are Project names, Date, and Team. Dashboard is having one KPI which shows the Open bugs. I want to give hyperlink to this KPI which will open a SSRS report (deployed on MOSS 2007 site) which is having parameters like date, Project Name, Release Name, and Team. I want to pass the selected filters values eg. Project name, date, team and also Release name of selected row to SSRS report. How do I do?

I am able to create the hyper link but not able to pass the parameters

Please help. Its Urgent. 

Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:13 AM

Answers

• Your best bet is going to simply setup a report in dashboard designer referencing the deployed remote in MOSS.  You can setup a display condition so that it only shows up when they click on the KPI and then you can setup the links between the scorecard and report to pass the appropriate parameter values.

Otherwise you have already found the option to apply the hyperlink setup, but that is simply a static address like you have probably already discovered.

EDIT: I just recalled an older posting my Nick Barclay.  If you take a look at this you could possibly look at combine the redirect hyperlink setup with this method and produce the result you are looking for - http://nickbarclay.blogspot.com/2008/02/debugging-filter-links-with-web-page.html.  Quite a bit of work, but it should work to pass filter values over to dynamically pass the parameter values in the SSRS URL - http://nickbarclay.blogspot.com/2008/02/creating-dynamic-web-page-reports.html.

I would still stick with the first option, much more straight forward and easier to maintain.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Edited by Dan English Friday, August 6, 2010 12:19 AM added Nick Barclay info
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFT Monday, August 30, 2010 4:39 PM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 12:10 AM

All replies

• With the assumption that your SSRS report is in the dashboard as well. What you can try is link the filters directly to the SSRS that would take care of Date, Project Names and Team.

I am assuming that you have applied the filters on Rows on your scorecard. Please mention what is displayed on the KPI rows i.e. Project name or Release name or hierarchy of both? If it is release name then you can connect SSRS report with KPI row member display value to get all the parameters.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:17 AM
  • Thanks for immediate reply Umair

SSRS report is not in dashboard. It is deployed on MOSS 2007 site.

Yes, I have applied filters in rows with hierarchy of Release Name and Team both.

SSRS Report is having parameters like Date, Project Name, Release Name, Team Name.

Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:51 AM
  • Your best bet is going to simply setup a report in dashboard designer referencing the deployed remote in MOSS.  You can setup a display condition so that it only shows up when they click on the KPI and then you can setup the links between the scorecard and report to pass the appropriate parameter values.

Otherwise you have already found the option to apply the hyperlink setup, but that is simply a static address like you have probably already discovered.

EDIT: I just recalled an older posting my Nick Barclay.  If you take a look at this you could possibly look at combine the redirect hyperlink setup with this method and produce the result you are looking for - http://nickbarclay.blogspot.com/2008/02/debugging-filter-links-with-web-page.html.  Quite a bit of work, but it should work to pass filter values over to dynamically pass the parameter values in the SSRS URL - http://nickbarclay.blogspot.com/2008/02/creating-dynamic-web-page-reports.html.

I would still stick with the first option, much more straight forward and easier to maintain.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Edited by Dan English Friday, August 6, 2010 12:19 AM added Nick Barclay info
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFT Monday, August 30, 2010 4:39 PM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 12:10 AM
  • Hi,

In my current PPS dashboard project, Page URL has the Querystring which carries the Revenue Package number. So in Dashboard i have two other cascading filters in place "Project/Phase" and "Listof Projects/List of Phases" filters. Now when i pass this  revenue package number as querystring to this dashboard, my idea is when user selects "Project" in one of the filter then next filter should display "All the projects for that Revenue Package"?

How can i pass the Revenue Package Number to cascading filters to get the data for a revenue package number?

I can pass this value to Score card or to any other part but not to Performance Point Filter?

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Monday, August 1, 2011 9:22 PM