Reporting Server Adjustments Errors on install. RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting errors when trying to install the reporting role from inside the FCS console at the "Reporting Server Adjustment" stage.  I have made sure my DAS account is a member of the MOM Admins group.  I am not log in at the DAS account, but I am as a domain admin.  I have in install on Windows 2008 32bit with SQL 2005 Standard SP3.

Here is the error from the log:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'domain\admin' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'domain\admin' are insufficient for performing this operation.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService.ExecuteBatch()
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportManagerWS.ReportingService.ExecuteBatch()
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.ReportServerTask()
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.ThreadedWebServiceTask(Object x)Number of tasks completed: [5/10/2010 9:44:32 AM]

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

• Edited by ShawnD1 Monday, May 10, 2010 4:51 PM Forgot to include OS
    Monday, May 10, 2010 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Before going any further, I think you should confirm that the RSExec Role is added into Master and MSDB. Please perform the following steps:

1. In SQL Management Studio
    2. Expand Databases, Expand System Databases, Expand Master, Expand Security, Expand Roles, Expand Database Roles
    3. Confirm that RSExecRole is listed, if not add the Role to both the Master DB and MSDB.
    4. After adding it, under DB roles in the Master DB, Right click and choose Properties on RSExecRole
    5. Choose Securables
    6. Click Add, Choose Specific objects..., Click OK
    7. Click Object Types
    8. Select Extended stored procedures, Click OK
    9. Click Browse
    10. Select sys.xp_sqlagent_enum_jobs, sys.xp_sqlagent_is_starting, sys.xp_sqlagent_notify
    11. Click OK, Click OK again
    12. Highlight each item under Securables and select Execute in the Grant column.
    13. Restart the SQL Services

After doing that, please attempt to run the FCS Config wizard again.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:41 AM

All replies

• on reports virtual directory in IIS,  disable anonymous access.

Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS Configuration Manager/Forefront (Time Zone : GMT+1)
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Before going any further, I think you should confirm that the RSExec Role is added into Master and MSDB. Please perform the following steps:

2. Expand Databases, Expand System Databases, Expand Master, Expand Security, Expand Roles, Expand Database Roles
    3. Confirm that RSExecRole is listed, if not add the Role to both the Master DB and MSDB.
    4. After adding it, under DB roles in the Master DB, Right click and choose Properties on RSExecRole
    5. Choose Securables
    7. Click Object Types
    9. Click Browse
    10. Select sys.xp_sqlagent_enum_jobs, sys.xp_sqlagent_is_starting, sys.xp_sqlagent_notify
    12. Highlight each item under Securables and select Execute in the Grant column.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

5. Choose Securables
    7. Click Object Types
    9. Click Browse

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

I have just done this and I still get the same error. I restarted all the SQL services but still get this error message in the log.

[16/09/2010 09:54:31] Task(Import Reports on the Reporting Server)
    Process C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Server\rptutil.exe completed.
    [16/09/2010 09:54:32] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    Starting reporting server adjustments.
    Setting data source of collection database.
    Server: FOREFRONTVS
    User: DC\Administrator
    Setting data source of the reporting database.
    Server: FOREFRONTVS
    User: DC\Administrator
    Marking FCS sub-reports as hidden.
    Hiding report elements.
    [16/09/2010 09:54:33] Task(Reporting Server Adjustments)
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'DC\Administrator' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'DC\Administrator' are insufficient for performing this operation.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService.ExecuteBatch()
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportManagerWS.ReportingService.ExecuteBatch()
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.ReportServerTask()
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.ReportServerAdjustmentTask.ThreadedWebServiceTask(Object x)Number of tasks completed: [16/09/2010 09:54:34]

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:56 AM
  • Hello,

I am in the same boat ... did you find a solution.

SQL is 9.0.4053 which is SQL Server 2005 SP3 +

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:56 PM
  • on reports virtual directory in IIS,  disable anonymous access.

Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS Configuration Manager/Forefront (Time Zone : GMT+1)

Hello Bechir,

As I am on a 6 Servers configuration on which server should I disable the Anonymous Access..

CSDB: collection server database

RSDB: reporting server database

RS: reporsing service server

CS: Collection Server

DS: deployment server

MS: managment server

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:01 PM