none
Windows Server 2012 R2 : GPO related issue

Question

• I want to extended screensaver timeout for some users and that too only on some servers.

All users are placed in OU and nested OU

All servers are placed in OU and nested OU

Some set of users when login to any particular server from server Group should have timeout extended till 1 hr from 15 min.

How to do that. Please if anyone can help, would appreciate.

Can email me as well @ [email address redacted]

• Edited by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, May 01, 2016 8:20 PM Email address redacted due to privacy concerns]
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, May 01, 2016 8:21 PM Relocated
    Friday, April 29, 2016 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have tested for this. You could create a GPO link to the user OU directly (for example, those users are in sub-OU, you could create a GPO link to the sub-OU directly). And it will apply when the user logon the machine which is member of domain.

For more information, you could refer to the article below.

Screen Saver timeout

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961876.aspx

What you should pay more attention is that you need start screen saver program on the client like below.

Windows 10

Windows 7

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 02, 2016 7:06 AM
  • > I want to extended screensaver timeout for some users and that too only
    > on some servers.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have tested for this. You could create a GPO link to the user OU directly (for example, those users are in sub-OU, you could create a GPO link to the sub-OU directly). And it will apply when the user logon the machine which is member of domain.

For more information, you could refer to the article below.

Screen Saver timeout

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961876.aspx

What you should pay more attention is that you need start screen saver program on the client like below.

Windows 10

Windows 7

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 02, 2016 7:06 AM
  • > I want to extended screensaver timeout for some users and that too only
    > on some servers.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:07 PM