none
Multiple FluentD Workspace Endpoints RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Having spent some time troubleshooting why my Alert rule isn't picking up the OMED event I'v discovered that It seems dependent on which server in my Unix/Linux Resource pool is configured as ENDPOINT in omsadmin.conf.

It worked from the start, and then the rule stopped working. But if i changed the SCOM_ENDPOINT manually the alert fires.

So the Question:

Is It so that a rule targetting a Microsoft.Linux.Computer only runs only runs on the one SCOM server "hosting" it in the Resource pool and if that Changes and isn't the same as the one fluentD/omsagent is sending events to the rule wont work ?

If the above is true, how do i get around that ? 

Friday, August 23, 2019 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

This should be the case as only one management server from the resource pool is runnig the workflow at a time. This means that if there are multiple management server within the pool, it can happen that a specific workflow (rule, monitor, dioscvery) is being run by different servers at different points in time. So if you have static configuration in omsadmin.conf it coukld be that it won't work in an intermittent way. 

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, August 23, 2019 12:23 PM
  • Ok

I found a rule name Microsoft.Linux.CopyOMSAdminConf.Rule that triggers on eventid 20020 and runs the "create fluentd workspace" task. So i guess there should be some kind of automation.

This rule were disabled in my Environment, will enable it and see if it gets better.

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

sounds like plan. Would you please post us updated? Thnaks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:22 PM