Needy Applications in Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• When an application has multiple windows open, such as Microsoft Word, IE, etc... and one of them flashes on the taskbar, only the program's icon flashes.  Pointing at the icon to see the mulple windows, none of those previews are highlighted, so you don't know which one is trying to contact you.

This worked fine in the RC.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Shawn,

Please let me know the exact program and the edition of the current Windows 7 system.

I tested in using Windows Live Messenger. I opened some windows and let them combine to one icon. When I receive a new message, the icon will start flash. When I put the cursor to the icon, Aero Peek will occur and the activated window are also flash in the list. I attached a screenshot of the Aero Peek.

If it will not work on your computer, let's create a new account to see the result.

If there is any misunderstanding please just let me know. If a screenshot can be provided it will be much appreciated (please just upload it to skydrive.live.com)
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Shawn,

Please let me know the exact program and the edition of the current Windows 7 system.

I tested in using Windows Live Messenger. I opened some windows and let them combine to one icon. When I receive a new message, the icon will start flash. When I put the cursor to the icon, Aero Peek will occur and the activated window are also flash in the list. I attached a screenshot of the Aero Peek.

If it will not work on your computer, let's create a new account to see the result.

If there is any misunderstanding please just let me know. If a screenshot can be provided it will be much appreciated (please just upload it to skydrive.live.com)
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:12 AM
  • A new profile appeared to fix it.  I'm curious what I might have done to corrupt the previous profile though.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:37 AM