Problem installing windows updates (KB938979) and (9KB938371) RRS feed

• Question

• Each time i tried to install windows updates (KB938979) and (KB938371) i receive error code 8007007B please how do i overcome this problem. I need answers fast. My Laptop computer runs windows vista home premium with 32 bit
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The error can be caused by the following factors:

1. Some specific updates do not complete installation.
    2. Corrupted system files.
    To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest we first install the following update then install the update standalone installer in Safe Mode.
    Let's first create a restore point:

Create Restore Point
    ------------------------------
    1. Click the Start Button, right click on Computer and choose Properties.
    2. Click System Protection in the left panel.
    3. Click Create and follow on screen steps to create a restore point.

Download SP1
    ------------------
    Download Windows update KB938979 from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20978

Now

let's try to install this update in Safe Mode:

Safe Mode
    ---------------------------------
    1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.
    2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.
    3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges.

NOTE: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. To return the system back to Normal Mode, we can simply restart the computer.

4. Double click to install the downloaded update.

Please try same steps to install KB938371 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=12868

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:54 AM