Uninstal/Remove MP is not possible after a few steps RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,
    My issue is a combination of errors.

1) I created and imported a MP to extend user class - after that - i create a few views to show the new fields that was added in the class. The first problem is that, after imported, ETL jobs warnings was showed informing that one specifically field cause a conflict with standards fields. So.. To fix that i start rollback by removing MP.

2) I start removing all views that was created and stored in another MP but, i removed just the first of tree, not all one by one to the top and i think that was the problem because after that, the relationship still and, looking inside the MP, all views are declared, except top view that i deleted.

My questions:

a) That simptom: Delete a top view – not all tree – and subviews still declareted is a commum, a limitation or a error?

b) If i export and delete the MP view from database, remove by myself all sub-views, and import – user roles maintain the relationship or i need to reconfigure all agains?

c) There is a easy way to remove this “trash” from MP like a option from console or, undelete the top view then start all process?

So... i hope that the explanation was clear
    Tks to all again.

Thyago Coan

• Edited by Thyago_Coan Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:45 PM title correction
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you able to remove the management pack? You can try to use Remove-scsmmanagementpack command to remove MP.

The Remove-SCSMManagementPack cmdlet removes management packs, along with all instances of types that are included in those management packs. You cannot remove a management pack on which other management packs, which are not being removed, are dependent.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, March 27, 2015 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, April 3, 2015 2:46 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:14 AM