deleted user is back, is it possible? RRS feed

• Question

• I remember that I deleted a user from a group inside a sub site. After a while when I viewed users inside the group, I see that the user is back and he is there. Is it possible that removed user be back to a site or group? What do you do if you want to do not share a site with a user any more? thanks and appreciate all kind of advice.
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:39 PM

Answers

• Then you need to enable auditing to find out what potential process in the system is adding the user back.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, September 15, 2014 1:29 PM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi

Is the site not inheriting permissions?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:43 PM
  • No, Unless you or some other user the user to site

You can enable Auditing feature to check the who added which user to site.

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Does it matter? The site is not inheriting permissions.
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:49 PM
  • Enable Site Auditing in order to see what or who is adding the user back to the SharePoint Group.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:36 PM
  • Nobody added users to the site.
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:51 PM
  • You verified that through auditing? Auditing is going to tell you who or what process added the user. Without that information, there isn't much we can do but guess.

Trevor Seward

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:52 PM
  • No, I am the only one who has admin rights
  • Then you need to enable auditing to find out what potential process in the system is adding the user back.

Trevor Seward

• Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, September 15, 2014 1:29 PM