Where can I find display properties? RRS feed

• Question

• Display Properties

This is the best windows form microsoft has ever offered us in the way of customising our favourite operating system...
    So where is it?

Damn new chaotic control panel making it difficult to find simple settings...
    Do Crabs Think We Walk Sideways??
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:55 PM

Answers

• Now what I'm really looking for is a single check box that alters the lines under the letters of the menu bar.
    It's can be found under "Effects" of the window I took a screen shot of..... (I thought the same window would still exist but I'm guessing it doesn't)

In XP it is described as "Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the alt key"
    Hi

They moved this particular option in Vista and it is in the same place in Windows 7. See the following article for the location.

Sorting it all Out : When they move everything around and change the signs

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:51 PM

All replies

• Try here:

Start > Control Panel > Change the theme (under Appearance and Personalization) > Windows Color > Advanced appearance settings

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:06 PM
  • If you want actual display properties (resolution/etc), just right-click the wallpaper and choose Resolution.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:21 PM
  • Hi Tyranin,

Here is the screenshot for the settings in Windows 7:

• Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:56 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Tyranin Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:20 AM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 3:11 AM
  • Hmmm, that's close. Very very close. I like that window and I'll remember where to find it. Would just like to say I've set my Control Panel to small Icons so if anyone is looking for the same thing it's under Personalization. I find the category view just makes the whole thing even harder than what is necessary.

Now what I'm really looking for is a single check box that alters the lines under the letters of the menu bar.
    It's can be found under "Effects" of the window I took a screen shot of..... (I thought the same window would still exist but I'm guessing it doesn't)

In XP it is described as "Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the alt key"

I was looking forward to this Windows upgrade, but since I've been working with the RTM version I've been thinking about sticking with XP, it's alot more logical when it comes to layout. And I can keep hold of my ~£160.

Do Crabs Think We Walk Sideways??
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:48 AM
  • Now what I'm really looking for is a single check box that alters the lines under the letters of the menu bar.

Hi

They moved this particular option in Vista and it is in the same place in Windows 7. See the following article for the location.

Sorting it all Out : When they move everything around and change the signs

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Dead link above for "Sorting it all Out : When they move everything around and change the signs". Both Google and Bing have this "page" indexed, but clicking on it causes the [Microsoft] web site to return msgs/?messageid=6:

Not Found: Resource Not Found

The resource you requested does not exist.

To where has it been relocated? 

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:37 AM