Sharepoint Configuration Wizard Fails RRS feed

Answers

• two things:

did you execute these commands, to set the database to multiuser:

--Set the database back to Multi-User mode
    ALTER DATABASE "SharePoint_AdminContent_38c5cc2d-aeec-4dc2-b7a5-65457250ae2c" SET MULTI_USER

--Ensure Database is reset
    EXEC sp_resetstatus 'SharePoint_AdminContent_38c5cc2d-aeec-4dc2-b7a5-65457250ae2c'

2) also make sure the "mossdev\administrator" must have DBO rights on the SharePoint Admin Content db.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hello,

If you are facing issue in browsing Central Admin then this can be a upgrade fails issue which is done either manually or through Windows Update.

Please do the following it should help.

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    2. Locate the following folder:
      "%commonprogramfiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\BIN"
    3. Open a Command Prompt window.
    4. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force

After it's successfully executed then run the following SQL queries.

ALTER DATABASE "SharePoint_AdminContent_38c5cc2d-aeec-4dc2-b7a5-65457250ae2c" SET MULTI_USER

EXEC sp_resetstatus 'SharePoint_AdminContent_38c5cc2d-aeec-4dc2-b7a5-65457250ae2c'

Please Mark it answer if it solves problem.
    Monday, March 3, 2014 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Just verify the DB permission once again Open Sql Server Management Studio, make sure the user account have dbcreator, dbowner permission on the Sharepoint_AdminContent... db.

I have also found one article for your ref:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/steve_chen/archive/2010/06/22/after-sharepoint-security-update-ms10-039-central-admin-and-web-pages-not-working.aspx

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:15 AM
  • one more thing ,I am able to open my sharepoint sites but cannot open central admin and cannot run configuration wizard as mentioned above.
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Hi

I noticed one thing in SQL Server Management studio that Database named with "SharePoint_AdminContent_fdef7fd9-72b7-42ee-9d51-9d5385234179"  was in suspect mode so i googled and found following article

www.sharepointfix.com/2011/05/sharepoint-central-administration.html

followed the steps mentioned in the above article now my database is showing like this.

please help me what i need to do so that it becomes like others.

Secondly,I still cannot run the sharepoint configuration wizard as well as cannot ope central open but my other sites are opening successfully.

Friday, February 28, 2014 1:53 PM
  • two things:

did you execute these commands, to set the database to multiuser:

2) also make sure the "mossdev\administrator" must have DBO rights on the SharePoint Admin Content db.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hello,

If you are facing issue in browsing Central Admin then this can be a upgrade fails issue which is done either manually or through Windows Update.

Please do the following it should help.

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    2. Locate the following folder:
      "%commonprogramfiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\BIN"
    3. Open a Command Prompt window.
    4. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force

After it's successfully executed then run the following SQL queries.

Please Mark it answer if it solves problem.
    Monday, March 3, 2014 6:10 AM