none
How to get rid of a internet explorer add on RRS feed

• Question

• I have a add-on in internet explorer that I would like to get rid of. When I go in to Manage add-ons then I click on more information but the remove button is grayed out! This add-on in call "Internet Program" and it is a pop up add. I can barley see half on my screen do to the amount of adds that come up when I am on the internet explorer. I am on windows 8.1 and have internet explorer 11.

Thanks!

Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:14 PM

Answers

• Thanks for you help! I decided to download an application called AutoRuns (by Microsoft)... And it worked!

Thanks again,

Alex

Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:29 PM

All replies

• See: "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

If still no joy...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

If the issue persists...

5. Download and Run AdwCleanerRogueKiller and Junkware Removal Tool (Freeware)
    . Reboot and Test.

Best of Luck, 

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:25 PM
  • I hate to reset my internet explorer and download all of those programs. Is there any other way I can do it?
    Like in Registry Editor?
    Saturday, January 24, 2015 6:30 PM
  • I hate to reset my internet explorer and download all of those programs. Is there any other way I can do it?
    Like in Registry Editor?
    I don't think so.

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    My MVP Profile

Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:32 AM
  • Thanks for you help! I decided to download an application called AutoRuns (by Microsoft)... And it worked!

Thanks again,

Alex

Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:29 PM
  • You're welcome & Thanks for your feedback, Alex.

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    My MVP Profile

Monday, January 26, 2015 6:03 AM