none
Project Server 2013: View, Edit, Delete options missing from PWA site menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Installed Project Server 2013 on Sharepoint Enterprise 2013 and Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation.

After creating a PWA site and pulling out its menu, I see this: http://imgur.com/LwbuXHC

I don't see the View, Edit and Delete options that are suppose to be here. 

There were no problems faced while installing any of the components or creating the PWA site.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Anand

-- 

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:03 PM

All replies

• That is weird!  It looks like even though the status shows Provisioned, it didn't actually get provisioned.  Have you tried removing and recreating it?

Chris

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter

Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:11 PM
  • Anand,

Since there is no delete option you may able to delete PWA site using Powershell cmdlt. Before that please go ahead and try "Retry" option. Ideally PWA site should be re-provisioned and let us validate the behavior.

Also make sure that you have logged in as System account with elevated privileges in IE (Run as administrator)

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Thanks Chris, Hrishi for your reply!

The interesting behavior here is that when I try to browse the PWA site, it gets loaded. I am able to create a Enterprise Project Plan, but that gets stuck in the Queue with status "Waiting To Be Processed".

I tried deleting (Dismount) the site from Powershell and Provision it again, but no joy - same behavior.

I am running the same version of Project Server and Sharepoint (15.0.4420.1017) on a Windows 2008 R2 box and there it is running fine with all basic functionality.

I will continue my investigation on this. In the meantime if anyone faced similar issue, would like to hear ...

-- 

Friday, March 1, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Are you logged on with the setup/farm admin account, or your own? Make sure you are logged on a main account.
    Friday, March 1, 2013 11:02 AM
  • Is the project server queue running anywhere in the farm?

Chris

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter

Friday, March 1, 2013 3:08 PM
  • Anand,

If this is a new environment  , I would recommend to rebuild your farm, which might be quicker than troubleshooting. If farm can't be rebuild then we can continue the troubleshooting.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by G2 IT Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:10 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same Problem. here is my scenario:

I installed project server and ran SharePoint Configuration Wizard. project server windows services (Event,Queue and Calculation) were configured to run as Farm Admin identity (SPFarm)

because of SharePoint Health Analyzer error, i changed the service account identity of these services to another account (PSServicePool) through CA > Security > Configure Service Account. This account (PSServicePool) is Project Server Service Application Pool account too.

during the changes i monitored Event Viewer and noticed a warning which said that new account (PSServicePool) had not enough permission to create administration job. i ignored it that time.

afterward i created an instance of PWA, everything seemed OK, however site Provisioned with the following warning in Event Viewer (which was repeated four times sequentially):

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-Project Server
    Date:          6/3/2013 8:40:32 PM
    Event ID:      8105
    Task Category: Provisioning
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      
    User:          DC\SPFarm
    Computer:      nextversion.dc.local
    Description:
    Failed to grant 'DC\PSServicePool' access to web application 'SPWebApplication Name=SharePoint - 80'.
    Error: System.Security.SecurityException: Access denied.  Only machine administrators are allowed to create administration service job definitions of type: Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdateWorkerProcessGroup, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAdministrationServiceJobDefinition..ctor(String name, SPService service, SPServer server, SPJobLockType lockType)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdateWorkerProcessGroup..ctor(SPTimerService timerService, String[] loginsToAdd, String[] loginsToRemove)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebApplication.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity(String username, SPPolicyRoleType policyRole)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.PsiServiceApplication.<>c__DisplayClass25.<GrantAccessToWebApp>b__24()
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    MyComputer

here is the image:

I deleted the PWA Instance through Powershell and granted "Full Control" Permission to "PSServicePool" on "SharePoint - 80" Web Application (because of above error), i created a new PWA Instance, but same warning occurred.

site has been opened correctly, however i didn't test all site's functionality.

this time i tried to delete PWA instance through UI,  but i faced this scene (no Delete option!)

when i chose "Retry" i faced "HTTP 403 Forbidden" page:

no noticeable error was logged except below:

06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Monitoring                        nasq    Medium      Entering monitored scope (Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)). Parent No    
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Logging Correlation Data          xmnv    Medium      Name=Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7915b40b442a
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Authentication Authorization      agb9s    Medium      Non-OAuth request. IsAuthenticated=True, UserIdentityName=, ClaimsCount=0    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7915b40b442a
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Monitoring                        nasq    Medium      Entering monitored scope (Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)). Parent No    
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Logging Correlation Data          xmnv    Medium      Name=Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7888b37dbae9
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Authentication Authorization      agb9s    Medium      Non-OAuth request. IsAuthenticated=True, UserIdentityName=, ClaimsCount=0    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7888b37dbae9
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.37     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Monitoring                        b4ly    Medium      Leaving Monitored Scope (Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)). Execution Time=2.6724    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7888b37dbae9
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.39     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Monitoring                        b4ly    Medium      Leaving Monitored Scope (Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)). Execution Time=32.6777    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7915b40b442a

Any ideas?

----

« Accept Me as Me »

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Hi Anand,

I ran into the same problem. I was able to remove the PWA instance using the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell and running these commands.

Get-SPProjectWebInstance -Url http://server/pwa

Dismount-SPProjectWebInstance -SiteCollection "http://SERVER/pwa"

See the below TechNet sites for more info:

Get-SPProjectWebInstance
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607531.aspx

Dismount-SPProjectWebInstance
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219523.aspx

Hope that helps!
    DoppelBock

Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:36 PM
  • I finally found the solution, all I had to do it is to add the central administration site to intranet zone. I hope this would of help to some one thats why I'm posting here even though the thread is old. 
    • Edited by Balu Dharmarajan Friday, August 23, 2013 3:20 PM Posting the Answer
    • Proposed as answer by Ric MC Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:50 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

I had the same issue today. There was no error regarding the timer job permissions on the system. Changing to intranet zone did not help either.

We have not been able to access the site (permission denied despite using the administrator account configured on pwa site creation who is also farmadmin and site collection admin).

The pwa site goes directly from "waiting for resources" to "provisioned" within some seconds. After that the dropdown menu only shows "retry" and "manage". No Edit or Delete. Retry leads to the error message stated above.

In our case we tried to use a content and pwa database from another farm. Mounted the content database and tried to reuse the site collection for the pwa site.

We tried using the project database with a new site and also the existing site with a new project database. Both seemed to work. After that we tried again the existing site with the existing project database. After that we were able to logon to the site. But it did not work. Queue not processing. ULS log showing that the queue does not service this site as it is not "active".

So we had been forced to throw away the site collection and create a new one with the existing project database.

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Using PowerShell, I created the PWA site in a host-named site collection and the PWA site is a the root site (ex: https://project.mycompany.com), I only see two options: retry and manage. 

When I go to the PWA site, I do not see any issues.

Here is the output of Get-SPProjectWebInstance which shows a successful configuration:

• Edited by Hossein Aa Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:53 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:38 PM
  • For anyone having the original problem (missing actions in context menu):

I had the very same issue, everything working fine but missing actions for provisioned PWA in Central Admin. The problem occurred because I was accessing Central Admin from other SharePoint server in my farm (or my PC) and not the APP server itself.

As soon as I accessed CA inside the APP server, all options were back and I could edit/manage provisioned PWA.

Regards

• Proposed as answer by Anthony Picot Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:48 AM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 1:09 PM
  • unfortunately I am also one of the victim of this issue

1. Tried all the sugesstions from this thread

2. Deleted PWA, WEB APP, Service Application and recreated from scratch, did not help

3. Rebuilding new farm did not help

Installing Aug 2013 CU now.

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Monday, December 2, 2013 6:44 PM
  • Hello Everyone,

Here is the update on this issue.

I am able to repro this issue in new environment. Based on my research issue is neither a
    bug, IE issue nor local administrator issue.

If you have followed Microsoft recommendation on using administrative account to setup
    Project server environment, you might have configured three accounts Setup,
    Farm and Application Pool account

Issue is related to sql server roles associate with the account you have used to log in and see these missing options

In SQL server assign SysAdmin role to the account using which you are experiencing this issue when page is refreshed you can see all respective options. As recommended by MS only setup account should have this permission. Farm account has security admin role.

Please try this fix and let me know if issue has been resolved. If not I will be happy to investigate this issue further.

Ref. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197607.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande

Senior Consultant

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:47 PM
  • Hi,

had the error again today in a different system. Had been logged on as farmaccount and this account had sysadmin permissions on the sql instance.

But the problem could be solved by disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security on the server.

So to summarize reason for the problem can be either

- lacking sysadmin permissions

- lacking intranet zone and/or high security settings in IE

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi All, I have a fix for you on this. I have used this script before when I had authentication issues with the Office Shared Services, etc. But this fixed this very issue for me as well.

$h = Get-SPServiceHostconfig
    $h.Provision()
    $services = Get-SPServiceApplication
    foreach ($service in $services) { $service.provision();write-host $service.name}

Run these line by line and when it's finished, PWA Instance will have all their glory. 

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:55 PM
  • Did anybody get a solution to this? Currently have two clients with the problem, one installation was not ours, another was. Doing a reinstallation did not help, adding sysadmins permission did not help neither.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:20 PM
  • Are you on Project Server 2013 + Service Pack 1? If not then I would suggest you to install the Service Pack and then check the behavior.

In case the update is already installed then try opening the the Central Admin with the Service Account with which the PWA was provisioned.

Let me know if this does not work, I can share the next plan with you.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:59 PM
  • Hi Dinesh, we do have SP1 installed. Infact I have only seen this problem since installing SP1 on environments, but that maybe not 100% true to all cases.

We are logged on with the farm admin account, which provisioned PWA in this case. Even making a new web application, with a test PWA instance, does not change things.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Have you tried with the set up account? Have you change any permissions since the install?

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Hi Paul, I tried with both the setup and farm accounts with no avail. The permissions are as default, nothing has changed system wise or anything...
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:46 AM
  • Can you try to log in to the Server with the Service Account with which the PWA was provisioned and then right click on SharePoint Central Administration and say Run As administrator. Once the Site loads in IE with Elevated privileges  then check whether you are still not able to get the options.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Hi Dinesh, I have tried this already too - I am aware the options do not show if you don't do this.
    Friday, August 8, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Hi

Does anybody else know about the issue or have any suggestions?

Rob

Monday, August 11, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I've not seen it where it doesn't work for the install account / farm account in IE when run as an admin on the App server when the permissions are still in place. If nobody replies here with any other suggestions I would suggest opening a support case with Microsoft as I guess someone will need to have a remote session to see what is going on.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:20 PM
  • We had the same problem and found that the site needs to be added to either the trusted or local intranet sites, preferably the local intranet site, Security Zone.

Then we had to make sure we where opening Central Admin from the primary APP\WFE server were the site is being hosted.  Make sure you are logging into the server with the service\admin account which is running the Project Web App service.

If you have a multiple server setup it is important that you login into the primary server to manage the Project web app otherwise you will be missing those additional menu items.

As far as I can see this issue only occurs with the provisioning settings I can do everything else from any of the other servers in the farm.

Frank Miranda Florida Hospital MIS

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:08 PM
  • Hi,

I always have this problem if I run Central Administration in a client, but it always works if I run Central Administration in the Application Server.

Each time that I want to transfer the Production data to the Test environment I have to delete the Wep App and the only way is doing it through the Application server.

Regards,

José Espases

• Proposed as answer by José Espases Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:06 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same Problem. here is my scenario:

I installed project server and ran SharePoint Configuration Wizard. project server windows services (Event,Queue and Calculation) were configured to run as Farm Admin identity (SPFarm)

because of SharePoint Health Analyzer error, i changed the service account identity of these services to another account (PSServicePool) through CA > Security > Configure Service Account. This account (PSServicePool) is Project Server Service Application Pool account too.

during the changes i monitored Event Viewer and noticed a warning which said that new account (PSServicePool) had not enough permission to create administration job. i ignored it that time.

afterward i created an instance of PWA, everything seemed OK, however site Provisioned with the following warning in Event Viewer (which was repeated four times sequentially):

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-Project Server
    Date:          6/3/2013 8:40:32 PM
    Event ID:      8105
    Task Category: Provisioning
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      
    User:          DC\SPFarm
    Computer:      nextversion.dc.local
    Description:
    Failed to grant 'DC\PSServicePool' access to web application 'SPWebApplication Name=SharePoint - 80'.
    Error: System.Security.SecurityException: Access denied.  Only machine administrators are allowed to create administration service job definitions of type: Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdateWorkerProcessGroup, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAdministrationServiceJobDefinition..ctor(String name, SPService service, SPServer server, SPJobLockType lockType)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdateWorkerProcessGroup..ctor(SPTimerService timerService, String[] loginsToAdd, String[] loginsToRemove)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebApplication.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity(String username, SPPolicyRoleType policyRole)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.PsiServiceApplication.<>c__DisplayClass25.<GrantAccessToWebApp>b__24()
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    MyComputer

here is the image:

I deleted the PWA Instance through Powershell and granted "Full Control" Permission to "PSServicePool" on "SharePoint - 80" Web Application (because of above error), i created a new PWA Instance, but same warning occurred.

site has been opened correctly, however i didn't test all site's functionality.

this time i tried to delete PWA instance through UI,  but i faced this scene (no Delete option!)

when i chose "Retry" i faced "HTTP 403 Forbidden" page:

no noticeable error was logged except below:

06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Logging Correlation Data          xmnv    Medium      Name=Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7915b40b442a
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Authentication Authorization      agb9s    Medium      Non-OAuth request. IsAuthenticated=True, UserIdentityName=, ClaimsCount=0    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7915b40b442a
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Logging Correlation Data          xmnv    Medium      Name=Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7888b37dbae9
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.35     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Authentication Authorization      agb9s    Medium      Non-OAuth request. IsAuthenticated=True, UserIdentityName=, ClaimsCount=0    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7888b37dbae9
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.37     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Monitoring                        b4ly    Medium      Leaving Monitored Scope (Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)). Execution Time=2.6724    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7888b37dbae9
    06/05/2013 12:47:04.39     w3wp.exe (0x220C)                           0x2D84    SharePoint Foundation             Monitoring                        b4ly    Medium      Leaving Monitored Scope (Request (GET:http://nextversion:2013/_admin/pwa/)). Execution Time=32.6777    5f59229c-7e96-105d-1e47-7915b40b442a

Any ideas?

----

« Accept Me as Me »

Hello, 

It seems that I'm facing the same behaviour here, did anyone manage to fix this, it seems something related to security.

Karim El Zarka, MCTS Sharepoint 2010 , MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010 Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer

Monday, January 5, 2015 1:20 PM
  • Adding some more info from my side

i'm facing this problem in two different environments.

my concern if we have something broken in the environment.

My troubleshooting and Analysis

i have two environments

Env 1:-

i have 4 servers (2 WFE and 2 APP) , i'm facing this issue with 3 servers out of the 4.

Env 2:-

i have 2 servers (1 WFE and 1 APP) , and i'm facing this issue with 1 server out of the 2

In both environments   I’m facing this problem, I can access this page (Edit Project Web App Site) without any problem, the problem actually with the drop down menu which has a “Retry” option instead of (View, Edit and Delete) 

Summary:-

Only in 1 server in env 1 and 1 server in env 2 this problem is not reproduced.

Note:- in Env 1, I can see the menu ,  When accessing it from the the working server , but when accessing the same central administration page from my computer I’m getting the same results like env1. Very interesting and strange problem. 

Karim El Zarka, MCTS Sharepoint 2010 , MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010 Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer

Monday, January 5, 2015 2:58 PM
  • Adding Another update.

I have checked both environments, and i have found that it does not work on servers that has no Central admin service configured. And it works on server that has central administration service configured.

Monday, January 5, 2015 3:49 PM
  • We had the same problem.

View, Edit, Delete was gone and only Retry/Manage was available even thogh the status said Provisioned. Also when we click Retry we got a 403.

It turns out the problem occurred because we were accessing Central Admin from the App server and Central Admin was running on the Front End.

On the Front End Server we have all the buttons.

http://technicaltrix.blogspot.dk/

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:39 AM
  • Any update to this ???

Performing a migration from 2010 -> 2013 
    Have tried the migration several times 

The trusted sites is not working (if I add it on the Intranet sites also)
    The script mentioned above does not work
    Checking from the App Server = same result
    Checking from a client machine = same result 

I haven't applied the most recent July CU, in the process 

Thoughts?

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:30 PM
  • Any update to this ???

Performing a migration from 2010 -> 2013 
    Have tried the migration several times 

The trusted sites is not working (if I add it on the Intranet sites also)
    The script mentioned above does not work
    Checking from the App Server = same result
    Checking from a client machine = same result 

I haven't applied the most recent July CU, in the process 

Thoughts?

Good news I currently have the view/edit/delete/manage options for the Manage Project Web app site

This all came after applying the July CU AND Accessing the Page from the App Server. 

This will not work on a machine which accesses it from a different machine, I still receive manage/retry from the drop down from a "client" machine

Very interesting - hope this helps someone in the future.. although 2016 is around the corner

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:11 AM
  • This problem might occur because of one of the following reasons :

1. You don’t have  elevated permissions to manage PWA instance via the current user.
    2. In some cases,you might need to add the central administration site to intranet zone.
    3. The farm requires updating to at least July CU 2015.

I checked this View, Edit, Delete options are missing within Manage Project Web Apps in Project Server that helped me to solve this issue, 

Hope this help you. 

• Edited by Joun Martin Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:07 PM
    Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Hello Anand, 

you will face this behavior when you are trying to check PWA instance action list from a server that is not running Project server services, for example if you have two sharepoint servers 

one is running the project server services and the other is not, so you will face this behavior when you try to edit PWa instance from the server which is not running the PWA services 

Resolution

either to run the PWA services on all of your sharepoint servers, or to access the PWA action list from the server which is running the PWA services on

Thank you

• Proposed as answer by Karim El Zarka Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:21 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Installed Project Server 2013 on Sharepoint Enterprise 2013 and Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation.

After creating a PWA site and pulling out its menu, I see this: http://imgur.com/LwbuXHC

I don't see the View, Edit and Delete options that are suppose to be here. 

There were no problems faced while installing any of the components or creating the PWA site.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Anand

-- 

Hello Anand, 

you will face this behavior when you are trying to check PWA instance action list from a server that is not running Project server services, for example if you have two sharepoint servers 

one is running the project server services and the other is not, so you will face this behavior when you try to edit PWa instance from the server which is not running the PWA services 

Resolution

either to run the PWA services on all of your sharepoint servers, or to access the PWA action list from the server which is running the PWA services on

Thank you

• Proposed as answer by Karim El Zarka Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:22 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Add the CA site to Trusted/Intranet site, close the browser and reopen it. You must see the options appearing now. It has happened with me, and I fixed it. 

rajdeep

Friday, January 19, 2018 3:17 PM