none
POSready 2009 Product key from COA? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 7 units with POS ready 2009 COA. I don't know who the original seller was. From the best I can tell the COA does not contain an actual Product key But more of a serial number. But yet the COA is on the unit, proving the unit is lic to have pos ready 2009. How can I obtain a full Product key with this COA number?
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:39 PM

Answers

• Your company would have to sign a license agreement with Microsoft via a Microsoft distributor to get the runtime key, and your company would have to pay for each unit shipped.

If you still had a system with an image on it, you could have extracted the key using a a key extractor utility.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:27 AM

All replies

• Only the manufacturing has the product key. Why do you need the product key? Are you custom installing a different image?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, May 3, 2013 3:59 PM
  • The HDD's were wiped because they were used in the medical industry. I have a downloaded POSready2009 CD. but to reload I need the key.

Friday, May 3, 2013 8:32 PM
  • SO how do I find out the key? Who can tell me was the original "Manufacture" I know they are made by FEC. (fecpos.com) but like almost everything in the world they are not the front man and did not load the terminals.
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:05 PM
  • Your company would have to sign a license agreement with Microsoft via a Microsoft distributor to get the runtime key, and your company would have to pay for each unit shipped.

If you still had a system with an image on it, you could have extracted the key using a a key extractor utility.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:27 AM