Exit editing picture in Word 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• If I right click in my word document and select edit picture I can make the changes I need, however I can’t see how to save the changes back and exit the editor.  I’m sure there used to be a ‘exit editor and return to word’ option but I just can’t find it anywhere in Word 2016.  Are there any word experts out there that can help me out please? (Google is not being my friend for this L )

Friday, February 5, 2016 4:07 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the update. Based on my deep research, we can select the picture in the 'edit mode', right click on it and select Cut from the context menu. Then, paste the pictire as image to the place where you want to put it.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my testing, I cannot see the 'edit picture' option when I right click on an image inserted in a Word document, only a Format Picture option

Do you have some third-party picture manager installed in Word?

As far as I know, Word 2016 has many built-in photo editing features and there is no need to exit the editor. See:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Editing-photos-without-Picture-Manager-2b540dac-7cd4-42fc-b7a3-d8d0ba47f4c5

If I've misunderstood something, please provide more information to clarify the issue. It would be better of you can provide a screenshot. If your account hasn't been verified so that you cannot upload an image in the forum, you can share it to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. Please involve the thread URL in the message for easy follow-up.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, February 8, 2016 7:33 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply.  I am not aware of any third party picture manager installed within Word.  My colleague has also attempted this on Word 2013 and has the same issue.  Please see below for an image of the edit option I get when right clicking the picture.  If I do this the image moves to the top left of the screen and when I have edited it it remains in the top left and I am unable to move it back to teh original location

Thanks

Monday, February 8, 2016 9:39 AM
  • Thank you for the update. Based on my deep research, we can select the picture in the 'edit mode', right click on it and select Cut from the context menu. Then, paste the pictire as image to the place where you want to put it.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:16 AM