none
How to authenticate with the Secondary Email Address for a Mailbox in Exchange Server 2013

General discussion

•  I have created the Secondary Email Address for the Mailbox. But when i am changing the secondary Email Address as my Primary Email Address. I am unable to Loing with OWA. Please share any Reference Document or configuration Document and need your help accordingly.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:47 AM

All replies

• Email addresses have nothing to do with authentication. You need to use the UserPrincipalName value, or the domain\samaccountname combination. In both cases, adding a new email alias has no effect on the relevant attribute. Nor does it enable users to login with any other combination.
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:24 PM
  • Then how we are able to login with an email(which is created at the time of creating mail box for the user)?

For instance i have user tarakg1@domain.net and mailbox in Exchange 2013 with an UPN of tarakg1upn@domain.net. But I am able to login to OWA using email address tarakg1@domain.net. Can you please explain how this authentication works here?

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:05 AM
  • @Vasil L. Michev, Any update on this?
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 5:32 AM