2. nslookup WSWIN7L shows IP address 192.168.2.15

3. Ping 192.168.2.15 result "can't find 192.168.2.15: Non-existent domain"

Please advise.

Thank you

Tuan

Friday, March 4, 2016 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Tuan,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that have you test on other computers? did other computers have the similar issue?

I noticed the error message. It seems that PTR record for DNS Server Is not automatically created. Please refer to the link:

PTR Record for DNS Server Is Not Automatically Created:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/171789

If the problem still persists, we may check event viewer and see if there is any event related to DHCP or DNS.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:32 AM

All replies

• Are you facing this problem with any other PCs?

Check event viewer and see whether there is any event related to this or DHCP or DNS?

Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:23 PM
  • From where are you pinging?

What is firewall settings?

M.

Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:26 PM
  • Hi Tuan,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that have you test on other computers? did other computers have the similar issue?

I noticed the error message. It seems that PTR record for DNS Server Is not automatically created. Please refer to the link:

PTR Record for DNS Server Is Not Automatically Created:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/171789

If the problem still persists, we may check event viewer and see if there is any event related to DHCP or DNS.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:32 AM