Windows Security pop-up reads: Logon to pop.sercureserver.net, verify username & passord * cannot send outgoing email * Use Windows Vista and GoDaddy as mailserrver RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to send out email on desktop (Windows Vista, mail sever is GoDaddy) I get a Windows Security dialog/pop-up that reads: Logon to pop.secureserver.net, please erify that both the username and password are correct for your mailserver -- howver, even thou I put in my correct user name and password Windows rejects it and I cannot send out email. By cancelling the dialog/pop-up I can receive mail, but no matter what I do I cannot send out email. I have gone online to my webpage server (GoDaddy) and mu user name and password is correct, and I can use the webside to send out mail, so it's not my mailserver (GoDaddy). I also have a laptop, which uses Window Vista and I do not have the Windows Security dialong box/pop-up problem using it (I am using my laptop to type this); I have used both my desktop and laptop, using both Vista and GoDaddy for over 3 years without a problem. I contacted Windows, spent an hour and a half on the phone with them, allowed them to take over my desktop computer, with no result. No help from Microsoft/Windows, they did not seem to be aware of my type of problem, finally siad they could not fix it, and that they do not support GoDdaddy. I am left with a partially unusable desk top which cannot send out email.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi lyons4bill,

This is Exchange server forum. And seems like your issue is client related. Suggest you seek the solution in the Vista forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/threads

Just for reference:

Please log on to your desktop using another user's account to see whether it works.

or recreate a new Windows profile for yourself: Log on to the desktop using local admin account->rename your profile folder under c:\Users.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:20 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:08 AM