Network connectivity on Domain Network RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 10 Preview latest build.  Running on a Dell XPS 8300 (Late 2010).  Build 10162.  Been going on since 10158.

My network connection will stay up after reboot for about 10 or 15 minutes, shorter if I'm trying to stream from youtube.  Then it will lock and show the network connection no longer has any IPV4 or IPV6 networking.  This is getting on my last nerve and I've been troubleshooting this problem for the last week.  Made sure all network adapters, wireless, etc, were turned off, Ethernet is on top in the advanced settings and all other network connections, except those attached to the Ethernet port (vm stuff) have domain networking tuned off for their respective adapters.  Also turned off power saving for the Ethernet port, trying to determine if that's the issue.  NOTHING HAS WORKED!  Anyone else having this problem and could Microsoft find out why this is occurring?

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:42 PM

All replies

• I haven't done a full long term test yet, but I reinstalled the network adapter (Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet) using the driver from Dell's support site for Windows 8.1 and the computer I have.  I was able to stream a youtube video for about 5 minutes and the network connection stayed up.  I think it's a driver issue with Windows 10 and this particular Ethernet adapter.  I can't believe as old as this device is and the fact that it's a newer driver than the one I have that it would be the driver that was the problem.  Anybody else having this problem and come to the same conclusion?
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 4:00 PM