none
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB can't choose whether to download or install Windows Updates? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB from the MSDN subscriber download service...Despite what Microsoft did say about it,LTSB won't have any other options over the automatically updates control...Even if I've got its right settings...

Mine went on completely for download & install automatically when found a new update.

Thanks in advance.

I really need help.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) is the same edition as Windows 10 Enterprise but will not receive any feature updates and gives companies more control over the update process.

LTSB allows you to control the rollout of the OS by giving you 'versions' to test against in the same way that you would do when deploying previous versions of Windows, as opposed to the moving target that is Windows 10.

You can still control Windows Updates through WSUS or policy but the idea of LTSB is that you can approve all the updates. if you need to control Windows update behavior, please use Windows 10 CB enterprise.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2015 2:43 AM
  • After a lot of trial and error, I realised that the process of controlling Windows and Driver Updates is actually the same like in previous versions if using Group Policies. Just configure Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update - set Configure Automatic Updates to whatever suits. The setting will appear greyed-out in the new GUI (named UX=User eXperience?) after clicking the Check for updates button. Note: This applies to all Windows 10 editions, less Home Edition.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) is the same edition as Windows 10 Enterprise but will not receive any feature updates and gives companies more control over the update process.

LTSB allows you to control the rollout of the OS by giving you 'versions' to test against in the same way that you would do when deploying previous versions of Windows, as opposed to the moving target that is Windows 10.

You can still control Windows Updates through WSUS or policy but the idea of LTSB is that you can approve all the updates. if you need to control Windows update behavior, please use Windows 10 CB enterprise.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2015 2:43 AM
  • After a lot of trial and error, I realised that the process of controlling Windows and Driver Updates is actually the same like in previous versions if using Group Policies. Just configure Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update - set Configure Automatic Updates to whatever suits. The setting will appear greyed-out in the new GUI (named UX=User eXperience?) after clicking the Check for updates button. Note: This applies to all Windows 10 editions, less Home Edition.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:57 PM
  • I don't understand your steps. :/

Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:45 PM