none
Project Server 2016 Architecture and Physical Topology Question with DMZ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am attempting to create a 3 server SharePoint 2016 / Project Server 2016 Farm. 

There will be a total of 3 servers: Front-End, App and DB Server.

We would like to have the Front-End server used by both internal as well as users coming in through internet. 

In such a case, what will be the architecture? The front-end server will have to be placed in a DMZ, but to get the server installed with the front-end and to make it part of the SP 2016 Farm, we have to join it to the Domain.

So, will the server in the DMZ also be a member server of the AD sitting inside the Internal Network?

How will this be implemented?

Karthick S

Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would engage with a PPM / SharePoint partner to support the design. However, I would suggest using a web application proxy in your DMZ which is just Windows 2012 R2 remote access role to publish the application externally. It's not best practice to join a server in a DMZ to your internal domain.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, July 18, 2016 3:32 PM