none
Two different resources sign into Project Server on the same client computer but see different numbers in the same work plan RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario:

User A launches Project Professional 2010 on his client computer, connects to Project Server with his Active Directory ID, and opens the draft copy of a master work plan. 

User A then lets User B connect to Project Server with User B's Active Directory ID, and when he opens the draft copy of the same master work plan, the dates, total slack, and other numbers he sees are different than what User A sees.

Their enterprise account settings are identical, with Administrator permissions.  Both users are assigned the same base calendar.  User A has tried to clear the local cache files many times over, and has even reinstalled Project 2010/SP1/December 2012 CU.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Friday, May 3, 2013 6:34 PM

All replies

• Who's the project owner User A or B?

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:17 PM
  • User B is the project owner.

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Sounds like User A would be viewing the Published version of the project were as User B Draft. Try publishing the project by User B and then check with User A what he sees.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:27 PM
  • That was my first reaction as well - that they were looking at two different versions.  User A tells me that they both are opening the Draft copy.

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:31 PM
  • What kind of permission does the User A has? Does the user A has been given direct project permission?

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Both users have idential Administrator permissions.  I have not granted User A direct permission to the work plan - it's a master work plan.  There are no categories that have this work plan specified.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 7:55 PM
  • By master plan, you mean you have sub projects within that? If yes, does those sub projects are inter-linked by tasks?

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Friday, May 3, 2013 8:58 PM
  • Yes, it's a master plan that contains sub projects that have inter-linked tasks.

Friday, May 3, 2013 9:05 PM
  • Sorry for replying late.

I remember I had similar issue with one of my clients and after some search I found that PS has some limitations for inter-linked projects. I couldn't find the link I saw at that time, but if you follow this one, there it's says there was a bug for master projects.

Try installing latest CU.

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Saturday, May 4, 2013 8:40 AM