LcsLog database and Exchange Server archiving RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon dear community,

I recently set up my first Skype for Business Standard server, and I successfully deployed Exchange integrated archiving, meaning that all conversations are archived in the appropriate Exchange mailboxes. The ExchangeArchivingPolicy for all users is set to "Uninitialized". 

My question now are the following:

• Do I need to modify the Exchange Archiving Policy on the users? Would it make sense, to set it to ""
    • Can I untick the checkbox "Archiving" in my topology for my Standard server? I mean the one, where the SQL store for archiving is specified.
    • Do I still need the LcsLog database? I see that there is some content in it, although it is not much.

Thanks a lot for helping me out here! If you require further information, please don't hesitate to tell me!

Best Regards, Sebastian

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Sebastian,

1. Do I need to modify the Exchange Archiving Policy on the users? Would it make sense, to set it to ""

ExchangeArchivingPolicy property can be set to one of four possible values, you can refer to the article:

Configure Skype for Business Server 2015 to use Exchange Server archiving

1. Can I untick the checkbox "Archiving" in my topology for my Standard server? I mean the one, where the SQL store for archiving is specified.
    2. Do I still need the LcsLog database? I see that there is some content in it, although it is not much.

It depends on the archiving needs.

After we configure sfb server 2015 use Exchange server archiving, the instant messaging and Web conferencing transcripts can be archived to user’s Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 mailbox, while sfb server 2015 Archiving provides options to help meet compliance needs:

1. Peer-to-peer instant messages
    2. Conferences (meetings), which are multiparty instant messages
    3. Conference content, including uploaded content (for example, handouts) and event-related content (for example, joining, leaving, uploading sharing, and changes in visibility)
    4. Whiteboards and polls shared during a conference

Plan for archiving in Skype for Business Server 2015

Hope these help.

Best Regards,

Cindy Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.

• Edited by Cindy_lim Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sebastian Maas Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:17 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Sebastian,

1. Do I need to modify the Exchange Archiving Policy on the users? Would it make sense, to set it to ""

ExchangeArchivingPolicy property can be set to one of four possible values, you can refer to the article:

Configure Skype for Business Server 2015 to use Exchange Server archiving

1. Can I untick the checkbox "Archiving" in my topology for my Standard server? I mean the one, where the SQL store for archiving is specified.
    2. Do I still need the LcsLog database? I see that there is some content in it, although it is not much.

It depends on the archiving needs.

After we configure sfb server 2015 use Exchange server archiving, the instant messaging and Web conferencing transcripts can be archived to user’s Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 mailbox, while sfb server 2015 Archiving provides options to help meet compliance needs:

1. Peer-to-peer instant messages
    2. Conferences (meetings), which are multiparty instant messages
    3. Conference content, including uploaded content (for example, handouts) and event-related content (for example, joining, leaving, uploading sharing, and changes in visibility)
    4. Whiteboards and polls shared during a conference

Plan for archiving in Skype for Business Server 2015

Hope these help.

Best Regards,

Cindy Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.

• Edited by Cindy_lim Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sebastian Maas Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:17 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:14 AM
  • Hello Cindy,

I appreciate your answer, thank you very much! 

Best Regards, Sebastian

Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:17 PM
  • Hello Sebastian,

You're welcome. I'm glad to have helped you!

Best Regards,

Cindy Li

Friday, April 8, 2016 4:27 AM