LYNC 2013- Is there a limit of Branch sites to Central site RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a limit to how many branch sites can be associated with a central site? The only number I can find is "many". What is the definition of "many"?

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi AnthonyHannigan,

Based on my research, there is no official document indicates the definitely number for it.

But in fact, each branch site is associated with exactly one central site, and the users at the branch site get most of their Lync Server functionality from the servers at the associated central site.

The following blog is for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398076(v=ocs.15).aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:18 AM
  • Hi Alice

Thanks for the reply. I have seen that link, several times.

Site Topologies

Your deployment must include at least one central site, and can include zero to many branch sites. Each branch site is affiliated with one central site. The central site provides the Lync Server services to the branch site that are not hosted locally at the branch site, such as presence and conferencing

What defines "many" 10, 16, 35, 100, 200?

I have opened a support case with DEV and will let you know what I find out.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:05 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your response.

Based on my further research, there is no official document describes the detailed information.

If you have any results form DEV, please try to share it in our forum

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 31, 2017 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:59 AM